Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Lenovo E520 will not power up any more. Is the power part

Customer Question

my Lenovo E520 will not power up any more. Is the power jack part of the mother board? Can I order a new mother board, and how much will it cost and how long will it take to ship?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

In acse you are facing a no power issue with the laptop, please check if the adapater is working fine

you can test it on another lenovo laptop or through a multimeter. it should give a 19v DC output

in case its working fine then yes the power jack could be the problem

the power jack is part of the motherboard and in such a case the motherboard can be repaired\replaced

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

in case the unit is within warranty, you may contact lenovo to get it serviced within warranty cover

however if its out of warranty then i would like to let you know that if your laptop was working fine and you suspect just a loose connection of the power jack, it would be best to get the motherboard repaired as due to regular usage the power jackl gets desoldered and need to be soledred back to its position

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

replacing the motherboard for a fault that is repairable would cost you much more that the repair cost

my suggestion would be to get the unt checked through a service technician at any local repair store and in case its a loose power jack theywill be able to fix it

if however its beyond repair you can order a replacement motherboard

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

let me know if you have any questions

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further