Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I'm worried my computer might have just gotten hacked; My

Customer Question

I'm worried my computer might have just gotten hacked; My sbcglobal email went down today, and I googled a support number (###) ###-#### ***** was shocked they picked up immediately, but then they asked to take over my computer, told me my email had been compromised, and they might not be able to save it; Then, they came back, said it was repairable, and wanted between 400, them down to 100 bucks to fix it, and I gave them my credit card number; They told me it would take about an hour, told me I had many infections on my computer, then called me back twice more before telling me my email was too compromised and could not be saved; I don't understand it all; Can you please help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Please call your credit card company immediately and report this. That is a scam, cancel your credit card too.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What is your email address, are you not able to login to it?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I may have jumped the gun, doing some more research on that phone number, by your description it sounds like a scam tho.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Did you give them access to your PC, and can you still login to your email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those people I spoke to got control of my computer and went in and changed a bunch of settings and now out of pop-up screens and things I can't figure out what to do, Nor of course can I get my emails
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Is this through AT&T ?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Can we start a remote session to look at your PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. it's so confusing. Yahoo is part of SBC global, and so is AT&T. However I've already called AT&T and they couldn't help me
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Try going here to get your password ***** https://www.att.com/olam/unauth/fpwdEnterUserId.myworld

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whoever I spoke to "claimed" they tried, but I'm not sure. . Getting o pop up from Outlook saying outlook wants to use my confidential information stored in internet account access group in your keychain. Do you want to allow access to this item? I keep saying deny
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

That sounds suspicious. Can I remote in to make sure things are secure?

here is a link for Mac http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Give me a minute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried to go to the link of my computer. Its saying no data received
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Are you using safari or chrome?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chrome. It gave me an I'd of 461 463 936 and p 7027
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I got disconnected, did you get my last message about resetting passwords for everything that showed up in that list on your computer?