Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have google chrome. i followed the instructions to get rid

Customer Question

i have google chrome. i followed the instructions to get rid of popups and they don't stop.
driving me crazy-----help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you currently replying to me from the computer that has this issue with Chrome?

If so, may I remotely connect to your computer and assist you with the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please carry out the following steps now:

In Chrome, click on the icon (with three horizontal bars) at the top-right, and click "Settings".

In the Settings window, scroll down to the very bottom and click "Show advanced settings".

Next, scroll further down to the bottom of the window, and click "Reset Chrome". Click "Reset" again, when prompted.

Done resetting, close and re-open Chrome - this should resolve all of the malware/popups issues you are having with the browser.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM HARD OF HEARING. A PHONE IS NO GOOD. I HAVE COPIED YOUR ANSWER.
WE CAN GET ON MY LAPTOP. WRITE YOUR LOG IN STEPS
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

No issues, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=08cecc1c-5b3c-4636-981f-2517c3314660

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom of the Chrome window.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please make sure to OPEN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded at the bottom of the Chrome window, after joining the session using the link I provided above. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GOT YOUR INSTRUCTIONS. TAKING THE STEPS. HOW WILL WE STAY IN TOUCH?.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

After you have joined the remote session using the link I provided, I'll be connected to your screen accordingly. If you face any issues while joining the session, please reply back to me on this page itself.

Here's the remote link, one more time:

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you are having some issues with connecting to the remote session; did you make sure to RUN the remote file downloaded at the bottom of your Chrome window, after joining the session using the link I provided?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHEN I TRY TO GO TO THE REMOTE DESKTOP I GET POPUPS. I HAVE GONE BACK AND FORTH A FEW TIMES BUT
WITH NO SUCCESS. I WILL TRY AGAIN.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I see; in that case, let's leave the remote session for now. Please carry out the following steps now, to resolve all of the issues you are having with Chrome:

In Chrome, click on the icon (with three horizontal bars) at the top-right of the window, and click "Settings".

Keep me posted. If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

After carrying out these steps, you may get back to this question page anytime through your emails received from JustAnswer. Do let me know how it goes, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM SORRY IT IS NOT WORKING. PLEASE CANCEL OUR SESSION AND CANCEL THE CREDIT CARD CHARGE.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I'll close out this question for you now. Thanks.