Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I somehow picked up a Chinese page that is compromised my

Customer Question

I somehow picked up a Chinese page that is compromised my new computer. Just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft and they insist that it is not Microsoft nor my computer that has the problem but my Cisco network has been my IP address has been compromised or something along those lines very confused need help my computer is crashed and stuff and there's a Chinese page that's blocking it all up and I cannot uninstall it please help me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your computer. can you please explain the problem a bit more in detail so that i can identify the problem.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Let me know the make and model of the computer and what windows os you have on it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a hp pavillion model #p7-1187c desktop running originally windows 7 pro oa now running Windows 10 and it picked up a Chinese virus page I spent the last 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft because that's the number that popped up when it told me that my computer was having an error and they wanted to charge me $300 to even look at it I do not have that money I can barely afford the $47 if we fix it together but I will try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They also insisted at Microsoft said it was not the computers nor the operating systems problem that my IP address has been compromised or was unsafe and Cisco is the tech support that they were going to transfer me to that was going to charge that much money
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Dont worry we will fix it and you do not have to pay $300 we are justanswer.com service and we provide tech support however we do not charge hefty amount as they are spammers and only wants to charge money. Dont you worry i will fix the problem for you all you have to let me know are you able to get on to the windows screen and can you open chrome or edge browser.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the problem page and took a picture of it for you I can't read it so I don't know what it's asking me to do all I want to do uninstall and wipe it clean at this point start fresh would be great
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

I see its a virus.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

I will be sending you a remote offer which i dont want to chage you however it has a small one time fee for a remote session of just $12 which you agree and i can send you a remote link to run so that i can fix the problem right in front of you while you sit back and watch.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Are we chatting on the problem computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was not allowing me to before and it would not let the Microsoft guy remote access now I have ie and chrome open and was trying to uninstall the crazy Japanese page not sure which language it is but its taken over ie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we are chatting on my phone I am right here next to it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will gladly pay 12.00 to remote access n fix
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Turn on the computer and wait till it reaches the login screen. We are trying to get into safe mode with networking.

Use the Shift + Restart combination

Another way of getting into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to use the Shift + Restart combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on the Power button.

Windows 10, Safe Mode, boot, recovery, repair

Then, while keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart.

Note that you can also use the Shift + Restart combination from the Sign In screen.

Then, Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.

Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.

On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options. To enable Safe Mode press the F4 key on your keyboard, to enable Safe Mode with Networking press F5 and to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt press F6.

Press F5 as we need to get into safe mode with networking.

let me know once you are in there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is already in safe mode
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

good.

I will send you the remote link now please agree to the remote session help link.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Open the link on the computer which has the problem so that i can remote connect and fix it for you.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=86422e85-49ac-4957-a2d8-e13d5ed7a155

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Join Your Remote Desktop Session

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.
  2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.
  3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.
  4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

If you find any problem in running remote tool let me know.