John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I bought a new monitor Dell Computer Model D04S Refurbished

Customer Question

I bought a new monitor for my Dell Computer Model D04S Refurbished #10071033085 bought in 2013. The new monitor is Dell U2414H. The monitor says it needs a "Display Port Cable". What do I need exactly? Is it even possible to get this new monitor to work on my older computer? Pat Poland
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Sir/Ma'am is this Dell OptiPlex 390/3010 PC also are you in front of the PC now?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

It seems like you are offline now,when you are back online could you please check on the back of the Dell PC whether it have a HDMI port or VGA port.i am sending the images of each with this so that you can identify it easily

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

VGA port

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plug that my current monitor is plugged into looks more like the VGA picture. It has the two screws that hold the plug secure. To the left of this plug is another outlet that is rotated 90 degrees and has the label HDMI next to it. Would I have to pay you more if I sent you a picture from my phone? I don't think I should have to pay anything since it is a new Dell monitor I'm trying to hook up to my Dell computer.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay in replying back to you.

Thank You for the details.Its looks like your PC have HDMI.

Pictures will help a lot to make sure.Sending pictures on this page wont cost any more.

Sir/Ma'am this is justanswer which is a paid tech support site. We do not have any tie up with dell but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing. We have been online for the past 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-justanswer Please let me know whether you want to continue with our tech support or not.If you do not want to continue let me know and i can request to close this question and refund.If you wish to continue send me the pictures and i can assist you better also see if this is the model of dell monitor you bought http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-u2414h_User's%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Sincerely,