Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Need someone familiar with kvision NVR and IP cameras with

Customer Question

Need someone familiar with Hikvision NVR and IP cameras with associated software, EZVIZ and IVMS4200/4500. Just installed NVR and cameras. Working well and can access on LAN. I cannot access on WAN/WEB or when using APP on cell. It may be bc NVR has built in POE that has its own gateway that is not in my network ip range/just guessing. The NVR has virtual host that assigns ip address to cameras that is within my gateway range. Want to be able to access NVR and cameras when away from home.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is the new price$? What happened to the original quote?

The extra charge is for the remote service. There is an extra charge because it will take more of my time. We don't have to do the remote, if you wish. I only offered it because most people prefer the remote option. How do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was willing to have the repair if you could do it for the quoted price. If you can, please continue

Please, give me more information regarding your network setup. What is the layout, IP schemes used, etc?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Default Gateway of router 192.168.1.254 NVR is at 192.168.1.110 POE in NVR has own IP 192.168.254.1// All is well when on LAN but cant reach when on cell or away on web
Are you familiar with Hikvision

I am familiar with Hikvision and most other similar types of hardware. Can you simply, change the NVR's IP to match that of the network? ie: 192.168.1.55

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The NVR matches the network, the POE onboard doesn't/ and the cameras

You state that the NVR has two ip addresses.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The NVR has a built in POE that the cameras plug into. That has the weird IP address. I did try changing that but then I lost cameras locally

Which IP did you change it to?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The NVR has a virtual host switch that assigns IP address that are in my default range/ I tried assigning the POE to something similiar to what you suggested.

I am asking you for the IP address that you changed it to. Did you change the IP addresses of the IP cameras before you changed the NVR's IP? If you didn't change the IP addresses of the IP cameras first to match the 192.168.1.x scheme, you would lose contact with them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you are familiar with SADP/ that is suppose to see all IP addresses but when I tried that it only sees the NVR, nothing past it. So I took laptop and plugged directly into POE port and ran SADP and it did see all the cameras/ I tried to change the IP of cameras there in my default range but I lost them locally/ I never had to change IP of NVR, it was assigned an IP from router when I booted

Very well. I will opt out of this question and allow another to take over. Once someone takes over, you will be notified by email.

Thank you,

Jason