I need help with my computer

Customer Question
I need help with my computer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

What's the issue you're having?

I uninstalled Windows 10 from my computer last night and restored it back to Windows 8 I came home tonight and my acer desktop will not get past the acer screen
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you please call me(###) ###-####

I'm not able to call at the moment, I will open it up to see if someone is available right now.

Can you assist me with getting past the acer home screen please I am a student and do online classes I need my computer to work tonight
I cannot see your answer
I need help pleaze

Try powering it off, and on startup press the F8 key repeatedly.

If you get prompted for options, choose safe mode with networking.

Ok how do I power it off

Press and hold on power button until it powers off.

I don't think anyone is available right now for a call. I will help you as much as I can. Is this a desktop or laptop? If laptop, just take the battery out temporarily, if its a desktop go ahead and pull the power cable to get it all the way off.

Then power it back on, and press F8 repeatedly. If you get the option for safe mode with networking, choose this option.

A desktop

Is it powered off yet, and did you try F8 repeatedly when powering it back on?

I did I unplugged evetythibg

Ok, plug everything back in and power it on. Press F8, let me know what happens.

This is not helping how do I request a refund
Nothing works this is an acer desktop flat screen computer this computer is 3 months old

What happened when you pressed F8 repeatedly, whats on the screen? I'm sorry, I know this is frustarting but I have your other question open to everyone else; and it appears no one is available for a call. However I'm more than willing to try and help you through this but I can't be of any help unless you describe in detail what is going on when you are going through the steps I'm providing. For a refund, email***@******.***

When I power it back on its on the acer home screen all it says is diagnosing repairs and has a circle that just keeps turning my computer worked fine this morning! I press f8 like 1,000 times nothing all I did last night was uninstall Windows 10 back to Windows 8
The button to power it off is on the back of the computer

Diagnosing repairs appears it maybe a corrupt operating system, meaning it would need to be reloaded.

Below steps is how to restore the PC to the factory default.
Note this would wipe everything off the hard drive, including any documents and files you have on this PC.

If you need to recover files off the hard drive, we would need a blank CD and access to a working PC to burn software on to it so we can boot from the CD.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Cody
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator