I have windows 7 try to upgrade to 10 every time get to 25%

Customer Question
90% files and revert to...
I have windows 7 try to upgrade to 10 every time get to 25% 90% files and revert to window 7 what should I do the error code do not work?
regards Ange
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
9/21/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

Do you get any error code, when it reverts back to windows 7 before reverting you must get some error or message let me know that.

not really get to 25% update then revert

Does it revert back successfully to windows 7 and you are able to work on it fine.

I really think I will keep my 7 if that can not be resolved What is the right procedure to update should I do it with malware off internet security off

do you have a 16gb flash drive?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Create a usb disk and you can install windows 10 make sure you disconnect any external devices you have connected to the comptuer must be unplugged and turn off the antivirus and firewall as well.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($28). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance or else we can continue the chat session.

I continue with the service how can I create the usb disk

Click on the link below and create a usb following the steps given

I use that before but I didn't turn off the antivirus and firewall but unplugged all external device still did not work I will try again with the firewall and antivirus off

sure try and let me know how it goes.

will do that now

alright.

Done exactely what you told me same result revert t0 7 at 25% upgrading OXC(###) ###-####0X20004 failed in safe_os phase error during install_recovery_environment op

did you create the usb boot disk or you followed the normal upgrade process after turning off your firewall

created a usb boot disk

and did you boot from the usb disk

right now is it on error screen or you are back on windows 7

also does it give an option to revert to windows 7

back to 7

click start..in search box type device manager

open device manager

check if you see any yellow or red signs against any entry

no yellow or red signs

my apology about the delay.

1: Uninstall your Antivirus/Internet Security Suites

2: Remove all unused SATA devices

3: Convert dynamic discs to basic disks

4: Remove all unused devices and drivers

Try these and then run the windows 10 upgrade.

Let me know how it goes.

you tried to run the upgrade using wifi or lan connection?

forget all this I will keep windows 7 this is just a big joke microsoft is pushing this down our throat and seem to be simple but it is not the case will think seriously to go to apple
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is*****'ve helped others with this so I should be able to help you. You'll need the Windows*****you created earlier.

To prep Windows 7 for the upgrade please perform these steps. Hold down the Windows key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R. In the Run box type: msconfig and click OK. When the System Configuration window opens click the Startup tab. Click Disable All. Click Apply.

Click the Services tab. Put a checkmark in the box labeled Hide all Microsoft Services. Click Disable All. Click Apply. Click OK

Restart your computer and log in.

With the flash drive plugged in to the computer, click Start and open Computer.

Open the usb/flash drive folder and run the setup.exe file

If you are upgrading a laptop, unplug everything from it except the power cord and use the touchpad.

If a desktop have plugged in power cord, mouse, keyboard and monitor. Disconnect everything else.

During setup when asked to do updates, do not skip.

will all my files be saved and would I be able to use all the software and hardware I use with 7

Windows 10 is an upgrade. It leaves all your files as is. Most all of your hardware and programs should continue to work. There are some situations where older hardware and software may have issues. The saving grace to that situation is that you have 30 days after the upgrade to roll back to your previous operating system.

I will try one last time as per your instruction hope it will be ok

Thank you. My experience in upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 is that it takes longer than upgrading from Windows 8.

Please be patient as it may take several hours to complete.

should I turn off WiFI

No. You'll be prompted to let the installation check for updates. This means the computer needs to be connected to the internet when the upgrade is started.

OK will do it now should I leave the USB drive connected after it start

Yes. Do not remove it until the upgrade is complete.

thanks for that here we go

OK. It's 11:21 PM where I am so I won't be up much longer. Leave a reply (good news or bad) and I'll reply in the morning.

Which time zone are you in:

10:06 PMKingston (GMT+11:30)

9:06 PMLord Howe Island (GMT+10:30)

8:06 PMAdelaide (GMT+9:30)

6:36 PMPerth (GMT+8)

5:36 PMChristmas Island (GMT+7)

Hi. I haven't heard back from you. Please tell me the upgrade completed successfully?

Byron
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist