When I change an address web site or even email, any change

Customer Question
when I change an address...
when I change an address for a web site or even email , any change in address block
automatically a "dot" or "period" appears in front of change. I have to delete dot or period in order to get where I want to, otherwise it is considered by computer as part of the address. I paid big money for a lifetime service to fix computer problems like this and they said the period or dot key was stuck which is a poor excuse for not being able to get rid of this problem...is there an answer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
9/15/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Does this only happen in Firefox or also Internet Explorer?

I EVEN GOT A DOT WHEN I TRIED TO CHANGE PASSWORDS IN THE BLANK BOX?

Sorry, yes was not clear for my question.

I need to know Does this only happen in Firefox or also Internet Explorer?

It cannot be yes for both questions. Not being difficult but its important I know

NO I WILL NOT PAY JUST TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE ....WHAT A RACKET YOU GUYS PULL,,,JUST GIVE ME AN ANSWER
THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS THAT IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT BROWSER OR WEB SITE
WHEN I TRIED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD ***** YOU I GOT A DOT IN THE BLANK BOX...IT HAPPENS AUTOMATICALLY??

The website is just offering you that as an option, you can ignore it.

Thank you for answering the question.

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

<a href="http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner">CC Cleaner </a>

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

then Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and then tell me if you still have the issue please

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER ALL THOSE INSTRUCTIONS? i WILL TRY AND PRINT IT OUT

Yes, print them out or just follow the list of steps as I have done them in a step by step process.

I can also do it for you but as you were quite hostile to the additional service of calling you, I will hold back on offering the service to connect to your computer and do it directly.

there is nothing about being charged additionally for a phone call...if you cannot answer by email...say so , but don't try and stick me with more costs...your answer was worth nothing and I expect not to be charged , unless you get back to me and fix the problem...if it cannot be fixed , say so and erase all charges from my account. Thank you
I thought I told you but I followed your inst by the letter and was stalled by the last 4 lines of instructions which the computer will not do
are you there Richard...???

Hi there,

I can answer by email, as I said I would.

I gave you a list of instructions to do, the instructions will all work. Where exactly did you get stuck?

Please tell me on exactly which line.

RICHARD
When we last discussed my problem on 9/15 I printed out all your instructions, then followed tem carefully
until near the end ..."then click start, type in MISCONFIG and press enter...then you said "click on Startup Tab
and click Disable A.... I was unable to find this on my computer, then I could not find Services Tab to click on "hide All Microsoft services"? So you see I still have not solved the problem and need more explicit instructions!! By the way if I have to go through
all 20 steps again I will go nuts and suggest we just cancel the entire thing.

ok, I cannt get more specifc as these are the most minimum steps.

You click on Start, type msconfig in and press enter

Then you see this window open

http://cdn.computerhope.com/msconfig-services-tab.jpg

And you see there the services and startup tab

Richard, Computer Specialist