Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My Iomega exterior hard drive is not working. Power is on

Customer Question

My Iomega exterior hard drive is not working. Power is on but the drive does not show on my computer. Can you help me with this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Alex.

Your external harddrive could have been damaged....failed.....improperly used. For me to help troubleshoot and figure out what the issue is...I need to ask you some questions.

Would you be okay with doing a phone call?

Have you tried using DISK MANAGEMENT in windows?

To use this tool, you should open at first, so we introduce 3 ways for you to launch Disk Management.

• Right click This PC > Manage > Disk Management.
  • Click Start Menu and then type Disk Management to search.
  • Click Start Menu and type cmd to open command line and then input compmgmt.msc and then click Enter.