I just had my computer tuned up by a professional computer

Customer Question
tech. I asked him to please...
I just had my computer tuned up by a professional computer tech.
I asked him to please enable the 'send link by email' in the Windows 7 (which he reinstalled) in the IE 11 (which he upgraded me to).
After trying several times, he could NOT do it!
He is a professional who has 20 years experience.
I have Incredimail as my email program.
He said that was the problem.
How can I get the 'send link by email' to work?
Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
9/12/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

is the send link by email is greyed out?

where do you find the send link by email option normally.

Open Control panel choose "set program access and computer defaults". Choose custom.

Next Deselect "use current web browser" and select your email. Click apply and it's should fix the problem.

the 'send link by email' is greyed out.
I find it in the 'file' drop down window on IE 11 under 'send'.
Also, in my Control Panel after selecting custom, it will NOT let me DESELECT use my current web browser. The button will NOT toggle off!
I checked and I am listed as the Administrator on my computer.
The computer tech who came to my house today set my computer all up with me as the the Administrator.
Also, I can NOT get the default email button to toggle off either. It says 'use my current email program'.
Do you have experience of fixing this problem using Incredimail as the default email and Windows 7 and IE 11? If not, this is a waste of my time and money and I want a refund.
Thank you.
Call me. (###) ###-####Karin

i will open the question to other experts for there input dont reply to this message and wait you will get an email notification as soon as another expert replies.

Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi there,

Let me know if you would like remote assistance with this problem.

Why are you trying to charge me more money when I already paid $36 and don't have any answer?
What kind of C... is that?
For a little problem like activating the 'send page/link by email', paying $70 is out of the question!
Karin
remotely access my computer to fix the problem.
I was just on the phone w/Jane, Customer Support. She erroneously told me there was NOT an additional charge for you to assist me. So I let her walk me through the above reply I just sent you above that you could remotely access me computer and found out I was going to be charged an ADDITIONAL $36! So disregard my above email.
Jane said you could still assist me with my question.
I would like to know how to activate the in Internet Explorer 11 the File - Send - Page by email / LINK by email that is grey.
As stated previously, I have Incredimail 2.5 and Windows 7.
I will be waiting for your answer.
Thank you,
Karin
Also, another computer tech installed Windows Live Mail 2012 on my computer.

Hi Karin,

yes we can reply back and forth here instead, it just takes longer. Remote assistance means I can see what is happening without having to ask you lots of questions :)

Can you try on a different Windows user account and let me know if the link is also greyed out there? This will help to narrow down the possible causes...

Pete, I'll get back to you in a week after we get back from our anniversary vacation. Thanks ~ Karin

Hi Karin,

That is fine!

You can ignore any automated messages you receive in the meantime that may appear to be from me.

Happy Anniversary!! :)

Pete.

Thanks.
We just got back and I saw your email.
I don't understand what you mean by 'a different Windows user account'? I only have one - Windows 7.
Karin

Hi Karin,

If you only have one user account set up, could you try setting up another one to test if the link works on it, or if it is also greyed out?

Sorry, but my computer tech re-installed our Windows 7 using our original disc that came with our Tashiba laptop when we bought it. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to set up a second Windows 7 account.

It is quite easy to do - just go to Control Panel and click on the Add or remove user accounts and create a new account there,

I can do it remotely for you if you wish, or your computer tech could do it for you if you prefer.

Pete, Computer Engineer