Need DNS setting help on my ipad

Customer Question
Need DNS setting help on my ipad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

you need dns setting for what?

Are you facing any problem configuring internet?

The following are the DNS server addresses:

• 209.18.47.61
  • 209.18.47.62
  • dns4.rr.com
i still don't have resolution to my problem. What am I to do?

you asked for the dns server address i gave you that, let me know if you need something else.

What address do I use and where do I use it?
Michelle ? Are you there?

i am sorry i am unable to understand, you were asking about dns address for Time Warner i gave you the info however if you can tell me the problem you want to fix then i might be able to help you in.

I cannot access cnn, fox,

are you able to access other internet websites and can surf the internet?

No. Only email and Google work. Bank of America will not respond

no problem follow the steps given below and let me know how it goes.

Here's how to change your iPad's DNS servers:

1. From the iPad's home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap General on the sidebar. The screen shown below appears.
  3. Tap Network. The screen shown below appears.
  4. Tap Wi-Fi. The available wireless networks in range of your iPad appear, as shown below.
  5. Find your wireless network in the list, and then click the arrow. The screen shown below appears.
  6. Tap the DNS field.
  7. Delete the current DNS servers, and enter the new DNS servers. (If you enter more than one DNS server, be sure sure to separate the servers with commas.)
    • To use OpenDNS, enter 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    • To use Google DNS, enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  8. Test your new DNS servers to make sure they're working.

That's it! You've updated your iPad's DNS servers!

Not sure if this is the fix or not?

this should fix the problem if you follow the steps and enter the dns settings which i gave earlier for time warner.

It's fixed, thank you

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley or a star and hit submit. Thank you.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist