I upgraded to Windows 10 over weekend. Many problems...used

Customer Question
IE with many Favorites. It...
I upgraded to Windows 10 over weekend. Many problems...used IE with many Favorites. It forces me to use Bing. Attempted to transfer Favorites but it only transferred the Favorites root directory not the subfolders, also. Crashed Dragon 13 and will call Nuance tomorrow. I need help getting IE to run and recover Favorites.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
9/3/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Your Favorites may still be around, in the Windows.old folder, if they're not there then they're gone - the search engine can also be modified.
Dragon may not yet be fully compatible with Windows 10 but we can try to get it going.
May I start a remote support session so I can troubleshoot the issue directly from your computer and get it working for you now?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,

Limited on time right now. My wife came in and we ate. Have an appoint early tomorrow and must get some sleep. Also I'm on disability and am very tight on funds. Will get back tomorrow.

Sure we can continue tomorrow and I can lower the remote price down to $5 for you (it's the lowest I can set it to).

Sound good?

I still have 1 year of assistance from Nuance at no cost. They've bee good and I also have a second computer with Dragon upgraded to Windows 10, but have not started it yet. I seem to have a number of issues with Windows 10. I'm on a learning curve with 10 and need to solve problems where I can, before the remote assistance. I can use help finding a Windows 10 Tutorial and have not looked at the various items that showed up on a search. I upgraded from Windows 7 and this gui looks very different. My other computer has a touch screen that I need to set up. Lots of problems with steep learning curve. Will be needing help, but will try to avoid remote. Let me know of your ideas to help. Priority is to get IE working.

You can watch a Windows 10 video tutorial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGw9k-ImkG4

And you should be able to load by pressing WindowsKey+R (to bring up the run box) then type iexplore and hit Enter.

The WindowsKey can be found at the bottom left of your keyboard between Ctrl and Alt.

Martin, Network Engineer