Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Windows 10 upgrade failed. Now computer is in a reboot loop.

Customer Question

windows 10 upgrade failed. Now computer is in a reboot loop. Screen shows 64% and reboots over and over.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome

What error did you get when it failed? Do you still recall?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error. I am helping a friend. She decided to do the free upgrade to windows 10. It never finished. Now when the computer starts it goes to an install screen which says 64% complete and within seconds reboots and begins the process again. Is there a way to get back into windows so we can try the upgrade again from the beginning. Right now won't book to either os, windows 7 (being replaced) or windows 10.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

Can you power off the computer then hold the LEFT shift button down. With it held down, turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.

Choose Troubleshoot, then choose Advance

Then click on System Restore and perform a restore from the last restore point listed.

Let this complete and tell me if it then starts please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Didn't work. Powered off. Held left shift and kept tapping f8. Still doing the same. As I tap f8 there is a continual beeping. What should I try next?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

what is the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Toshiba Satellite L7550-S5204 Part # ***** Serial # ***** Win 7 Key RCKFV-KTCWG-R9XQR-42HYW-WRM84
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, power it off

hold 0 (zero) and with it held down, turn on the computer and keep 0 held down until you get to the menu to choose

Troubleshoot, then choose Advance

Can you get to it this way?