Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have versacheck x1 gold and am trying to print checks, it

Customer Question

I have versacheck x1 gold and am trying to print checks, it says "xml document must have a top level element line 0. Do not have it on a online computer. so can you tell me what it wants and how to do it????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

when exactly in the process do you get that message?

it is saying that there is an error with the actual program that versa check runs to print the checks.

you might check that you are using the correct check form or try a different check form to see if it works.

otherwise i would go with re creating the check form in the versa check or reinstalling the versa check

If you want to try something easy first and it worked recently you might do a system restore to a time when it was working. I would give it only a 50 / 50 chance of working in this case but its easy to do.

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 8.1

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try, and let you know if it works. Thanks Bev
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

let me know please. we can work on it more in depth if we have to i can even remote in to fix it for you. If it does work please remember to rate me :)