Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just bought Skype for $49 and then discovered I could get

Customer Question

I just bought Skype for $49 and then discovered I could get it free. But that is not a question. I have a colleague in China who tells me she has sent me aninvitation.so that we can connect on Skype. Where do I find that invitation? I cant figure it out. ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Did you sign up for a Skype account yet, i.e., are you able to sign in your Skype account in the Skype application right now?
Did you receive an email message from Skype about your colleague?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I recommend to download / install Skype application for free at the official Skype website below:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

, then open the Skype application on your computer, then sign in your Skype account (if you don't have a Skype account yet, then select the option Create an account first)

, then once you are signed in your Skype account, then click on the Contacts option, then select the option Add Contacts, then enter your colleague's email address, then click on Find, then click on the person/plus icon on the right of his skype name and add. Full instructions/illustrations:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10803/how-do-i-find-my-friends-and-add-them-as-contacts-in-skype-for-mac

, (or add him to add you again using the email address that you've used to create / sign up for a skype account.)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did not come close to answering my question. Of course I have Skype.

I'm sorry. Yes, you have skype application, but did you create a skype account yet? If so, did you sign in your skype account in your skype application?

Did your colleague invite / add you entering your correct Skype Name or your correct email address?

And/or have you tried to invite / add contact in your skype application using his/her Skype name and/or his/her email address?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I joined skype twice. Once on a free sight and prior to that for $49. I believe that I do have an account. My colleague used my correct skype name. XXXXXX.XXXXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But where do I l;ook for her invitation?

The invitation should be in your email (check your spam/junk email folder as needed), and/or in the skype application on your computer.

- Did you download and install the Skype application on your computer yet http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/?

- Please open the Skype application on your computer, then tell me what you see in it.

And/or would you like to connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the Skype issue directly on your computer together with you?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,