Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a PC ENVY and continue to get pop ups. How do I get

Customer Question

I have a PC ENVY and continue to get pop ups. How do I get rid of them? One message that just popped up says, "your backed up files will be deleted-your trial has now expired and all your backed up files will be deleted shortly unless you upgrade." I just want to make sure we have security on our computer and do not want popups. Please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please let me know the operating system installed on your computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure... how do I know?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
  1. On the Start screen, type Computer, press and hold or right-click Computer, and then tap or click Properties.

2. Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.

3. Look under System for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
64-bit, windows 10- I think the operating system is intel (r) core (TM) i5-4200M
NOw the message that is popping up is driver restore- "has detected that there is a driver update available for your: cyber link webcam virtual driver.... I can dismiss the message, but I do not want to have to. I just want it to not appear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the operating system is windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

hi let me know when you could be online. i will be online to fix it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am online now. Please let me know when you are available.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i am online right now. please let me know that do you get the popups regarding the driver restore or other popups as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, I get popups regarding the driver restore and others.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the error message or the popup message you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm online. I would like to take care of this ASAP. It's very inconvenient that we can't talk on the phone without being charged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One message is "Your backed up files will be deleted. Your trial has now expired and all your backed up files will be deleted shortly unless you upgrade (mypcbackup.com)" another one,"PC Health Kit" and another.."driver restore had detected that there is a driver update available for you." These all appear in the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

we can get this fixed. let me now the time when you can be online on Friday and Saturday and your time zone so that i can be online at the same time to get this resolved

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can be online today (Monday) at 4:30 Eastern time, does that work?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am online and will be the whole day let me know when you have comfortable time to be online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your support, sorry. It was too difficult to connect via online. I would like to request a refund.