Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Only - I need to have a good connection with Skype. The bars

Customer Question

Only for ***** ***** - I need to have a good connection with Skype. The bars keep going from yellow to red and then the call keeps dropping. I need to get a stable connection so the calls are stable and no longer drop. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you wish to start the remote session now?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how to do it again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remember my friend on the other of Skype needs his to be worked out too!

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 05 and click the circle button to start the remote application.

If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.

Thank you for your time today.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jason, the Skype is now lagging really bad and I am getting a lot of static noise and also disconnection. From what I have paid would you mind going into our computers and changing us to the old Skype and block the updates? I am flying out to his place late next week and I can do work with you while I am there but I am wondering if we should test it out from where I am at first. If you do change our Skype you will need to resign him back into his account and then make a video call back to me because he does not know how to use computers to well. Let me know what you think. I can also rate you too.

I can do what you ask. Have you powercycled the modems, routers, and computers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything has been power recycled. What time is good for you?

When you are ready too continue, please post a message here.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you told me you would include the payment I made into the last payment I made to you because nothing was done last time. Do we have a deal?

Which last payment are you referring to? I spent over 1 hour remoted into your computers for the current question. The current question is still unrated, which means I am not paid for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I was asking if you could help me out with updating us back to the old Skype version and since nothing was actually done last time I was wondering if you could include the last payment with this or at least drop the amount for us because although you spent time, no changes were made and I can also rate you as well. Sorry, I was basically wondering if you would do it for cheaper or include the last payment I made with the new update of Skype you would be doing and then you said you could make it so it would not automatically do any updates. Let me know what you think and I appreciate the help.

I spent over one hour doing exactly what you were asking me to do. I verified that everything was setup, just like you asked. I did the same for your friend's computer. You still haven't rated me for this question, which means I am not given any credit whatsoever for my time. The moment I remoted in, I suggested that you allow me to install the older version of Skype and disable updates. You decided not to allow me to do that and asked me to do what I did, which I did. I hope you can see this from my perception. I spent over one hour doing what you wanted me to do after you chose for me to not do what I suggested. Now days later after I have already spent the time doing what you wanted, you now want me to do what I suggested in the first place. You are the boss, so I will do what you wish. After you rate this question, please post a message here when you are ready for me to remote in and do what I suggested to do in the beginning, which is install the older version and disable updates.

I will be standing by.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, I am at my friends house now and have been here for about two weeks now. On thursday the internet company will be coming over here and will be centering a combo box of the router and modem in the middle of the house. I am wondering if Thursday you could meet up with me and do the remote session on the older Skype versions and disable the future updates thing so we can keep the older versions. I know you said you think that would work really well. Also, I am assuming you think it is a good idea that we centralize the modem/router in the middle of the house. Let me know if Thursday works for you. The internet company is coming over sometime in the morning to make these changes. In the meantime also let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you!

Hello.

Thank you.

Thursday works for me.

-Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, a bunch of family issues came up. Friday is the day we will do it. Let me know if that works. Thank you!

That works for me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am ready whenever you are

I am sorry. I didn't realize that you wanted to do this in the evening time. Please, post a message when you are ready to begin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready right now