Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Can You talk about scammers,and,or; can You detect what

Customer Question

Can You talk about scammers,and,or; can You detect what appeared to me today to be the work of so called techs, showing me on my PC possible scammer action from RUSSIA on line (mine) with a note of $33oo being chargewd to my credit line at my BECU bank and into my accounts which was not noted. They wanted $3300.00 to reset my securities program and to add other protection devises, at my expense, tHEN THEY WANTED ME TO SEND THEM A CHECK for $4999.99 , TOLD THEM, NO WAY!! nOW tonight after seeing what apppeared to be microsoft download on my PC about resetting my PC and scanning to reset my hard drive, (which took over an hour) and by the way when i had asked if I should call my bank, i was told not to do that, because they said they would handle it all and not to worry, i wORRIED AND CALLED , there was nothing wrong and nothing like that that was showing. at least not in their system. Is there A WAY YOU CAN TRACK THEE [EOPLE WHOEVER THEY ARE? AND CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that happened. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about those type of scammers, they have hidden/fake ip addresses and there is no way to get them into legal trouble because they are usually out of the United States. However it sounds like you handled iit very well. The thing that is sad is that they are obviously getting away with it with some people or they would not be doing it as much as they are. I hate to see this happening, it is getting to be a huge problem. I am glad to hear that you handled it correctly.