Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have downloaded the Windows 10. According to my system

Customer Question

Good morning, I have downloaded the Windows 10. According to my system information Windows is activated. The left hand start icon does not respond to a left click. On right click a window opens not looking at all like the new version should. It is white and shows ex. Programs and features, mobility centre and others. It does not show any of my programs or Office icons like my previous version of Windows 7. Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

when you right click on the windows start button do you see the shut down and sign out option select shut down with left click let me know it should shut down.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

wait for 3 mins and then turn it back on is should boot fine to windows 10 let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle, I have tried to shut down as you mentioned but it has made no difference. I cannot access Outlook either.
I battled for 10 minutes just for Chrome to open. It was not like this on Windows 7
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

are you able to get into windows 10 screen and open other items.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where I log in and it looks different and shows 10 but my desktop looks exactly the same as it was before. The icons in the taskbar looks new. I am wondering if the download was proper?
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

are you chatting with me on the same computer windows 10

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

sorry about the delay. May i take a look at your computer i can identify the problem and fix it.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

remote assistance is an additional service however i will not charge.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you want to use team viewer. I am desperate at this stage as I have been trying all morning I trust you are legit!!
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

we are a legit company you may check in google.

Click here to run remote tool

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Join Your Remote Desktop Session

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.
  2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.
  3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.
  4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did download the remote session
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

i am connected now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I saw you restarted and typed in my password ***** connect. Hope I did not do something wrong
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

never mind, you may now open elsinore the remote tool if you have have the link i can give you again.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Click here to run remote tool

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

scroll the top you will see click here with hyperlink click on that link.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see you have created a new access - Lynette - Do I use that now. Have you created a password ***** my current password ***** not work.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

yes slect Lynette the new user and enter the Password ***** capital Passw0rd thats zero not o. login and then run the remote tool again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

connect and let me know.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

are you on the windows screen now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI, so sorry!!! I managed to connect to the windows screen but could not find this conversation again. I then had to attend to other business and am only now available again. I could connect to this conversation only through the old version which did not work properly.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

are you able to get into windows desktop

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now on the Acer version. I am able to access the Lynette you created but could not connect to you through chrome. I had to follow the path through the old version. Everytime I restart I have to connect through chrome again to get to you and it is extremely slow - suddenly
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

let me know where exactly the problem come sup..when you open the start menu

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the new version Lynette I have the 10 screen but I do not see any of my programs or files that were on the desktop. I also do not know how to access Office - outlook, exel etc I presume it must be activated or something.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

press the windows key..then click on apps..let me know if you see the programs installed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me try. This is taking forever as I have to swith versions every time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
switch
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

ok

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I will have to go. Other urgent business. My problem is still not solved and I have been busy with this ALL DAY. I am really sorry I tried to upgrade to this Windows 10. Thanks any way for trying to help. Maybe I will have to continue on Monday.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

yes sure..please let me know what time you would like to continue on monday