Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I am the owner of a business called The Big Tin Shed in

Customer Question

I am the owner of a business called The Big Tin Shed in Glendale, Arizona. We broke ties with the individual that set up and managed our account. Bot***** *****ne, we don't have user name or password ***** to access our account. When we go to our page on Google, it states that we're closed on weekends and that is impacting our business (retail furniture sales). What can I do to be able to change that and have control of my account?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you referring to your google places business listing? (where google reviews and map info are listed)?
Or to a google+ profile page?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
google, places, business listing, It even states we're closed today.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for confirming.

I live in the area and have actually been to your shop before.

To fix this, you'll need to file a new ownership claim and request a transfer of the account.

This is a bit of a pain because by default google is going to try to contact the existing listing "owner" and ask them to transfer it.
If they decline or ignore the request, then google will proceed through the next steps to have you verify and claim the listing.

Ultimately, they'll be able to, but it can take awhile. As part of the verification process, they'll end up mailing you a postcard to the business physical address, and you'll have to go online to enter the verification code on that card. This is how they verify you are actually the owner and at that site.

Please go here and complete this form to initiate the process: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/3452717?p=business_ownership&id=1160067050620027090&rd=1#ts=6129451,3452770

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A bit of a pain is right. Since you live in the area, is there anyway we can expedite the process. How long could this take? Time is of the essence. Should I call you or can you call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I have no more control over the process than you do. There is really no "live" support for anything google related.

The only option is to fill out and submit the form and wait on their process.

Google gives no support for these products. As they are essentially a free service, they put no investment into having support available for them.

Unless you are a paying advertiser, you get only the basic fill a form and wait routine.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

In general, it will take a few weeks. It ultimately depends on how responsive the current "owner" of the listing is.

If they accept the transfer right away, it would be much faster. If you have any way to urge them to be helpful, that would greatly benefit you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

As an added step though, I'd suggest you also look to stake your claim for similar listings on bing, yahoo, yelp, etc (they all have a comparable process, but it is easier if those are not already claimed). Having up to date info on those will help google to also verify and update your profile.