Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Just received e mail from Vimeo to reset my password. Does

Customer Question

Just received e mail from Vimeo to reset my password. Does not function. Will not allow a password ***** Sends up icon dots longer than I have entered. Says my email does not match my account----Please explain as I wish to watch a seminar through Concept Synergy who uses Vimeo to provide their videos. Do not even suggest that I should pay for this support. (If this is the JUS ANSWER that has tried to help me before please refer to previous emails. You were very fair) My issue is with Vimeo who is impossible to communicate with----my frustration and self doubt on this issue is so great that I had my " computer geek" friend try to assist me without success. I would like to watch my seminar. I sincerely ***** ***** for your help Vimeo---Mary *****@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To be clear, Justanswer is a paid support service. We do not provide free support.
If it was free help you were seeking, I'm afraid you've made a wrong turn somewhere.
Please clarify if you would like to proceed with paid help, or cancel this support request.
Thank you Mary,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dustin, few questions--Your sight guarantees an answer within 30 minutes. I presume it does not apply here for some reason? My attempts to contact anyone but you were in vain----I spent a good deal of time on the Vimeo sight which is designed to confound and only found you. The idea that I could only access you after much effort and then be asked to agree to an unknown some of money to solve a problem which I feel was not of my cause is not logical or fair.---------if possible I would prefer the phone--please keep this entire communication until settled--thanx mary---not willing to pay to talk---i can call you for free----your # ***** me the best time-----If you would simply tell me that it was my problem in the first place I would be happy to pay--the money is not the issue. I am not the first one to say that your sight not designed to assist your customers when seeking help. Your lack of interest in serving your customers is sad
I AGAIN ASK YOU TO KEEP THIS ENTIRE COMMUNICATION UNTIL IT IS SOLVED OR UNTIL I PAY. THANX! Send me an email 0n how I access
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mary,
The reason no one responded to you sooner, is you stated in your message you were looking for Free help, or unpaid help.
This is a paid support site.
I dont have a lack of interest in serving our customers. Neither does anyone else on the site.
But if your looking for free help, your not exactly a customer are you.
Its still unclear whether you intend to be a customer, or whether you are seeking free help.
And to be clear, phone support does cost extra. Our prices are much lower then any major competitors, and they are kept as low as they are by breaking down pricing according to need.
We charge more for phone support. That way, if you only wanted written support you could get it at a very low cost.
And even if you wanted phone support our cost is still much much lower then any respectable competitor. And we guarantee our work, which is something no one else does. ( Including the Geek Squad at best buy who charges 2 to 3 times as much )
If you want to speak over the phone, I can send the phone support offer.
If you want to cancel, I will send you the refund link.
Best regards,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dustin----To start with, I am going to pay--as I said before it was never the issue. The one question that I never got answered was -----did I cause the problem or is it a Vimeo problem. To review my experience. I got another Email "reset your password" this morning. It asks for a lengthy mix of numbers,symbols, lower and upper case-----I entered o4Mxx#$zz. It then flashes in a red box--"whoops--looks like these passwords don,t match. (???) Try re-entering them. In the box there are far more "dots" than what I had entered, Under that it says New Password *****: but will not receive an entry. and under that it says no user name---I can;t get this site to work It,s the weekend---my attempts to reach Vimeo support are difficult at best and it was a weekend which even they acknowledge is difficult. I kept trying---got you by mistake at first thinking you were Vimeo and that's. how it started. You now want to confirm i should pay and then please just stay with me until I;m sure I can get into my Concept Synergy seminar. please tell me who caused this? Thank you for your patience. MARY FOSTER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please read above
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mary,

Dustin has sent this question back to the expert pool and I am here to help you. Do you still need help?