I upgraded Picaasa to 3.9.140.287 and I am now missing

Customer Question
I upgraded Picaasa to...
I upgraded Picaasa to 3.9.140.287 and I am now missing several of my folders from 2014 & 2015 and others. Where are those folders? How do I restore them? ARGGGGG!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/22/2015
Tech Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 years ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Hello and thank you for using this service,
Generally speaking, Picasa doesn't actually "store" any of your pictures. It merely indexes them from your hard drive, or other attached storage devices.
Are you able to find these pictures OUTSIDE of Picasa? If you have not yet looked, I suggest you do so by first clicking start, and then to your pictures. Let me know what you are able to find.
I have a MAC and checked in finder but did not find them. Next suggestion? My dropbox is full and I have never saved to Google pics storage. Would they be in the cloud? If so, how do you access them?
Sorry, I am out of ideas on where you pictures might be. Will opt out to other experts for review.
Please do not respond until another expert steps in to help, as that will only delay response time.
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
A local search, of just your computer's hard drive, might turn up some if not all of the pictures that are missing.
If you had a PC, then doing a System Restore might revert the indexing in the Picasa application and allow them to be located again. But I know less about Apple systems, and am not sure you can 'revert' the Picasa application. I've heard of something called 'Time Machine' that works on Apples rather similarly to System Restore on a PC, and I wonder if you have that on your Apple?
What MAC OS X version is on your Apple computer, please? go to
apple menu - About This Mac
and read off the 10.X number there.
I just turned on my MAC and all the pics had been restored so thanks for your help. Who knows what happened but it's good for now. Have a good day!
I am glad to hear the good news.
You might want to back up all your pictures, to another device, e.g. a USB flash drive. It's always very good to have such a backup in case of disaster.
Please rate my work - or let me know what rating you would apply to my work on your case.
Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert