Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

A friend of mine paid on a loan before he passed away. s

Customer Question

A friend of mine paid on a loan for me before he passed away. His family is fighting me saying he didn't pay it. Would the company he paid it to have knowledge of the I.P address from the computer he used?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A friend of mine paid on a loan for me before he passed away. His family is fighting me saying he didn't pay it. Would the company he paid it to have knowledge of the I.P. address from the computer he used?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

The company would have a record if anybody paid

the family should also have access to his bank accounts and credit cards to see if the payment shows there. The company may or may not have a record of the IP that was used to pay something online. But its rarely meaningful in court and if the company can not find the payment at all they of course wouldnt be able to tell the ip it came from.