Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

After five months away when I attached my Dell printer 1720

Customer Question

After five months away when I attached my Dell printer 1720 to my laptop Dell VOSTRO it prints constantly two lines of gibberish. I have rebooted the computer, turnes the printer on and off, disconnected it reconnected it etc. no print jobs appear in the queue
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Im assuming you have the printer attached via a usb cord.. Is that correct? ( When it prints the two lines of gibberish)

If its a usb connection. lets repair the problem with these steps.

Click start, click devices and printers. Now right click any and all copies of your dell 1720 printer.

Delete / Remove them. Once removed.

next, go to the dell website and redownload the printer drivers. Here is the 64 bit driver, if you have a 64 bit version of windows. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R149580&fileId=2731116705&osCode=W764&productCode=dell-1720dn&languageCode=EN&categoryId=PR

Once you have the driver downloaded, open and install that file. And it will reinstall the printer onto y our computer.

At that point you should be able to print normally, without the Gibberish.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I have successfully removed the printers the problem is I am not yet online on my computer so I can't reload them. I'm doing all of this on my phone . Hopefully I will be online today and can try again
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Is there an error or issue t hat is keeping you from getting online with the computer?

If so, I may be able to help if you describe the problem. Other then that, when you have a chance to get online, please reply and let me know t he outcome.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waiting to reinstate service.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Understood!

I will be working for t he next 8 hours today.. If it has to be tomorrow, I will be working normal business hours then too~

Dustin S.