Ok- asus laptop W8- by accident i went in boot/bios screen

Customer Question
and changed in error boot...
ok- asus laptop W8- by accident i went in boot/bios screen and changed in error boot order thinking I was fixing a weird screen I saw when I powered on. after I did my boot order change NOW I am unable to boot...you can push power and see lights on front quickly jump past the HDD and it just sits there blank. i have done everything i can find to fix to get my system to boot up. it is a used computer so no boot disc. i have drained battery, tried every key i have thought of (escape/delete/F1-F10, etc) when I power on and no luck. So what I need is to get this to someone to fix so I can use this laptop
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
8/13/2015
Tech Support Specialist: CompDoc, Information Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
CompDoc
CompDoc, Information Systems Manager

Step 1

Turn on the computer or click "Start," point to "Shut Down" and then click "Restart."

Step 2

Press "Del" when the ASUS logo appears on the screen to enter the BIOS.

Related Reading: What Comes with the ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard?

Step 3

Press "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to restart the computer if the PC boots to Windows before loading the setup program. Repeat Step Two following restart.

Recharge battery and hold the delete key as soon as you turn it on. Keep holding it.

far- NO GO. I recharged the laptop as suggested, held down "delete" key and hit "power". briefly as it always does the HDD light came on along with power light on little icons on front of laptop but then as it always does, it goes dark. I continued to hold down continuously the "delete" key for 3 solid minutes (timed it) but it never booted to anything, screen remained dark. So any other suggestions? Remember I cannot get to a boot/ bios screen so I have no way to access boot/bios info .

I apologize that I am out of suggestions. I would call Asus and ask for help. Even when out of warranty if you just ask the question they are pretty good in helping out.

Let me know if you would like me to opt out to see if someone else can help you.

System Product Support:

1-***-***-****

Available

24/7

All-in-One, Desktop, Netbook, Notebook, Nettop, or Tablet

* Contact availability subject to change at any time without prior notification. Closed in observance of major national holidays

RETAIL Product Support ONLY:

1-***-***-****

(Best Buy USA, OfficeMax, Staples USA, Costco Wholesale, Microsoft, Office Depot, Walmart, Future Shop)

Available

24/7

All-in-One, Desktop, Netbook, Notebook or Tablet

* Contact availability subject to change at any time without prior notification. Closed in observance of major national holidays.

CompDoc
CompDoc
CompDoc, Information Systems Manager