Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

F6F Hellcat (Dynam) I have been trying to get Retracts above

Customer Question

F6F Hellcat (Dynam)
I have been trying to get Retracts for the above plane since May 1
It always shows OUT OF STOCK. Does this mean that you are no longer
going to supply parts for this airplane? I received the aircraft the week before
damaging the retracts and then discovered you do not have replacement.
Can you tell me a company that would have them? Kind of sad when I get a new
airplane and then cannot get parts for it.
Thankyou
Clay xxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, as to those retracts for this plane, the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mc86rC1BJQ

...and the video's comments and the video poster's remark also, suggests some things about this matter.

1. Eflite produces a retract upgrade. You might look into it - if you haven't already.

2. cold weather can affect the retracts and cause them to fail. The only thing that I can think of that would be affected by cold weather, would be lubrication. And warming the plane before using it - somewhat analogous to the pre-warming of the real-life Corsair war plane's engine oil before starting to avoid the noisy coughing and erratic knock sound on startup! - might help with this.

Anyway - going to Eflite for your retracts replacement (unless that's what you are talking about already) might help. And, I myself would suggest that you might try to get a crashed one of these, with working retracts in it, from e.g.

www.craigslist.com for your local area, or from

www.freecycle.org for your local area. And get a retracts replacement that way.