I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop and I use it and "fun". I

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad...
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop and I use it for work and "fun". I really think that they do not know if I have perhaps stolen this laptop and am trying to access and for that reason they (Lenovo) will only restore it...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/11/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Is the computer asking for a password ***** something of that manner? How soon does the prompt for the password ***** on the computer after you turn it on? What is the full model name of your Lenovo Thinkpad?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
I Have always typed in a password ***** is when my laptop starts....By the way, it is an Idea pad and the model name is ***** ***** it also says 4334.
Which password ***** ***** asking for? Is it the Windows Log In password ***** the password ***** comes up as soon as you turn the computer on (before Windows)?
It is the Log on password ***** I always type in before I get to Google, etc.
What happens when you try to log into Windows? Are you given an error regarding your password ***** something else?
It is really simple--my laptop is password ***** and then I get to my emails, and so on...That password ***** ***** I was thinking I simplified but didn't realize that I had actually changed it until I could not log in at all...
There are several different types of passwords that are on the computer. This is why I am asking the questions I am so that I can know which password ***** are referring to.
It sounds like you can log into your Windows. "Which" password ***** you referring to? When does the password ***** come up?
When I log in or try to I get an incorrect password ***** says that I could retrieve my password ***** I had protected it / down loaded it on a flash drive or something
Never occured to me to do that as I always keep a log of passwords seperately from my computer/s.
Okay, so it is your Windows password. In that case, you will have to create a password ***** cd and run the CD on the computer.
I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems. The process is quite simple: You create the cd on a working computer, put the cd in the problem computer, and follow the rest of the instructions below.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- If you are using Windows XP, click the Windows XP download link and save that file.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Windows Vista download link and save that file.
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.
Reboot normally.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Jason, my virus protection is blocking the setup from the site you recommended saying that it my be harmful to my computer..
It is safe. Please, allow it to run.
It is stopped everytime it tried to install--I wonder why
I'm sorry to hear that. Let's try another route for the remote.
Please, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/teamviewerJason
- Download and run that file.
- It will give you an ID & password.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Yesterday I was talking with ***** ***** about my IdeaPad Lenovo laptop...Yesterday, in an effort to simplify my log in to my computer, I locked myself out--forgot the password...Actually didn't think I had okayed a new one...Jason tried to help me with
a program that he said worked and my virus plan wouldn't allow it to download....He had another idea but it didn't seem to go anywhere and it was late so I logged off...I thought maybe today we could try again...Lenovo will only "zap" my laptop not help me
get in to it without removing all my info--don't want to do that....I am wondering if I could get a disk to restore my laptop to an earlier time or buy the disc Jason recommended and use that rather than trying to download it.....
I will be available for the next 12 hours.
Please, post a message on this page when you are ready to continue.
Thank you,
Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Expert