How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andy Your Own Question
Andy, Computer Consultant
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 5316
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Andy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex gf has been harassing me in regards to our custody

Customer Question

My ex gf has been harassing me in regards ***** ***** custody case, but she has started to mask her IP addresses. Is there anyway to prove it's her so I can get a protective order?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

probably not. it would be easier to block her most likely. what is it that she is doing ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Threatening my and my fiance's life.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

via email ? on facebook ? what would require an ip ? I think that you might need a lawyer for this more than a computer guy. Even if you could get her Ip it usually doesnt mean much to a judge. She could be doing it from a cyber cafe or a friends cell phone or even if it did point to her house the courts generally dont consider that proof of anything other than somebody in that house did it maybe not her.

But a lot of judges would err on the side of caution and think "well who else would be sending them" and you could get the order. But again this is really more of a legal problem than a computer problem. I can probably show you how to block her from sending them. but for the order of protection you would need legal advice.

Related Computer Questions