Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 Yoga 3 last night and have

Customer Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 for my Yoga 3 last night and have been experiencing screen flicker after the machine has been on for 30 minutes or so. I can restart and it goes way but comes back in 30 minutes.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

It looks like Windows 10 upgrade didn't go well.
I suggest refreshing the Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal data intact.
It is one of the repair options that can be accessed without the Windows 10 disc. I am sure it will solve the problem you are experiencing.
Would you like to try that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try it.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Here are the instructions on how to refresh the Windows 10 installation:
1. First, go to the Windows 10 logon screen. To do that, just restart the computer
2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again
3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart
4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen
5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot
6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC
7. On the next screen, click on Keep my files
8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take about 10 minutes
9. When done, check if the problem is gone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not work. This appears to be a widespread issue for Lenovo 3 Pro users. I am going back to 8.1 and waiting until Microsoft and Lenovo figure it out.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!
The same instructions have helped many other Windows 10 users.
Did the restoration successfully finish or you received an error?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
There is also another way of upgrading to Windows 10, so if you would like to try that, let me know. I will provide the instructions for you.