Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

We installed Windows 10 but now our Word Perfect 12 will not

Customer Question

We installed Windows 10 but now our Word Perfect 12 will not save our documents. What can we do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Have you tried using the save as option instead of the normal save option?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THAT DOES NOT WORK EITHER.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Click on Start, then "All Programs", then "WordPerfect Office 2002", then right click on "WordPerfect 10".
In the right click menu Click "Properties", and then in the window that opens click the "Compatibility" tab.
Then set it to "Run this program in compatibility mode " "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not find the "all programs" anywhere. How do I find that? I have tried clicking on everything that I thought would take me there.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You may have it as all apps instead of all programs.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I click on all apps and word perfect 12 comes up, it shows three choices: CARM organizer, Clipbook, Conversion Utility. None of those have the "properties" on them.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You need to right click to get the properties option. I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

hi i am Rob i might be able to help you.

what is the exact error message when you try to save the documents ?

you are either trying to save to a folder that you no longer have saving rights in. or it may be that this version of word perfect is just not compatible with windows 10 and you would need to upgrade. But i can check all possible ways to make it work if it is possible to get it running. windows 10 is very new and they havent got a complete list of what works and what wont yet.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When following the usual "save" procedures, when I click on the "Save" button, the only thing that happens is that the save box gets an additional dotted line around the inside of the box.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

wp 12 is compatible with windows 8 so i would think it should work with win 10

it might need to be reinstalled or you can try the repair button in the control panel under programs

can you try that and get back to me as to whether it worked a full uninstall and reinstall would probably be better but the repair is faster and easier