Just installed W 10. I have NO icons on my screen and a

Customer Question
black bar across top and...
Just installed W 10. I have NO icons on my screen and a black bar across top and right side of screen.
I cannot access anything
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
8/4/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

i know this sounds silly but have you turned it completely off and turned it on again. sometimes the win 7 doesnt load properly when first loaded but after restarting the computer it will start working.

I'm talking about windows 10. and of course I've re other it...several times
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm at(###) ###-####

i will put up an offer for the phone call if you like but you might want to look at this first

Look at what?

if you can get to the settings by right clicking on the start menu and selecting settings

you can then select system and recovery

that has some repair options including the ability to put it back to windows 7

if you cant get there you need a win 10 boot disk

you can reinstall the software from a flash drive using the instructions from this page
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-install-windows-10-technical-preview-from-a-flash-drive/
you can get the actual iso download to use to make the flash drive on this page
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
using that flash drive you can re install the entire operating system.

There is no start menu! There are NO icons on the screen!
I'm doing this from an iPad. How do I use a flash drive from here?

than you will have to go the boot disk method.

this page lets you download a program that will create a bootable flash drive with windows 10 on it.

.

make sure that you select the method for instaliing on another machine. and you would have to use another computer to create the flash drive. i am sorry but there is just no other way to do it other than setting the computer back to the windows version it originally came with in factory condition with everything else wiped out.

Robert M., Consultant