How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert M. Your Own Question
Robert M.
Robert M., Consultant
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 9050
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Robert M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've changed address and computer, how can I retrieve my old

Customer Question

I've changed address and computer, how can I retrieve my old albums on picasa 2?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

did you have them saved as online albums ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
believe so,
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

go to this website

if you have to log in with your gmail account

that is where they would be stored if you had them saved online

if your pictures are there i will get you instructions for hooking them back up to picasa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not there, it is a newer version now of Picasa, different computer, different email.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

you would have to sign in using the old email address if you wanted to find the old pictures

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will try that, going to dinner right now
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

ok let me know. I will be on and off tonight after dinner but i will be here all day tomorrow. I hope when we resolve this you wll give me an excellent rating. If i can find your pictures i will. but unless you can get them from your old computer the only chance is if you can remember the log in ID for where you saved them on the web.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry I am so tardy in getting back to you. our internet and cable services were out since around 9 yesterday. well I tried to sign in at the old address, don't even have the correct password ***** only succeeded in putting a change into my gmail address which I did not want. I just keep going back to my current photos. so what I really need I guess is to somehow contact someone who can actually see and manipulate data, do not know if that exists. So problem is not resolved. good night for now
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

i can log into your system remotely and see what you are seeing but i cant go into googles data area of a million people and try to find yours. I dont think google will either.

You need to recover the password ***** the original account using their password ***** services which requires that you can answer security questions or have access to a backup email or cell phone that you already set up when you made the account.

i am able to talk to you on the phone and look in your computer with you and show you the proper way to try to get them back but it will still depend on whether you have the information required to recover the password.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks. I have some time today, I will look and see if I can locate the old password. I will get back to you today
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

there should also be a link for lost password ***** you try to sign in if you have the wrong password ***** might help

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, have no answer, problem not solved. I shall go forward on my own, at times I have. So thank you, ***** ***** do not have time right now to continue to drag out. I had save some on cd some time ago, so perhaps just have to do with that.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

the way to do it is to use the lost password ***** i can try to work with you over the phone or remote log in if you like

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no answer. You tried but were not able to help me. I must stop now, and let it go. Please drop me off your list. Do not credit my card. I have no satisfaction. Do not want to pay for phone talk. Thanks

Related Computer Questions