I have upgraded to windows 10 but now Microsoft Money will

Customer Question
not work, It says I...
I have upgraded to windows 10 but now Microsoft Money will not work, It says I have to install internet explorer 6! I've already got internet explorer. The program worked fine on Windows 8. Help!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
8/2/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Microsoft Money isn't yet compatible with Windows 10 but there is a little workaround by editing the registry.
May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
If it is not compatible then I can't use the program and windows 10 is useless!
You do not have permission to debit my visa as you did not resolve my issue
it has more than one problem at the moment but for your specific problem there is a little workaround. If you like I can try to get it working for you, or I can help you roll back to Windows 8.1 if that's what you had before.
Would you like that?
No thanks. You have not helped me but thanks anyway.
I was told I would not be charged if you couldn't help me or I was not satisfied. Refund my card now. You do NOT have permission to debit my card!
Not all questions have a simple one reply answer, we are working on a solution together.
I have given you two options for ways to solve this, a registry fix so we can get Microsoft Money going, or a rollback to Windows 8.1 so you can use your computer like you were before.
You never told me which you'd prefer so it makes it a little difficult to give you an answer.
What would you prefer, to use Money on Windows 10 or revert back to 8.1 ?
As I clearly stated in my original question.....I WANT TO USE MICROSOFT MONEY ON WINDOWS 10. You said it wasn't compatible yet. So either tell me how I can make it compatible or refund me. It's very easy!
you are right but what I actually said was:

Your reply to my suggestion was If it is not compatible then I can't use the program and windows 10 is useless!
If you like I can connect to your computer and make it work for you in just a couple of minutes.
No thanks. I do not want you connecting to my computer as this is sounding like a scam. I will be cancelling my card and reporting this to the police and the bank and microsoft. Shame on you
I'm sorry that you feel that way, I can assure you this website is no scam and we deal with hundreds of customers each day.
I can relate to you thinking the remote connection being a scam since it's becoming more and more popular to scam people for more money that way but that doesn't mean all services are scams. I'm sure you know racist people but that doesn't mean all people are racist, does it?
I won't argue with you, I can give you an answer in text form if that's what you'd prefer but messing with the registry can cause more unnecessary problems for you which is why I suggested a remote session.
Here are the steps you need to take to work around the error stating you need Internet Explorer 6:
https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/
I have just lost my entire Money file!
I cannot help you if you will not let me help you.
As I said before I can get this working for you in just a few minutes remotely.
Other than that I can close your question and you can request a refund by contacting billing.
I now have to do a system restore. Isn't funny how I can not do my rating for this service. SCAM!
The ratings are something that are enabled once I've given you an answer and once we're done with your question, not in the process of getting you there.
You may request a refund any time within 30 days using the following link:
ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Realize if this service were a scam there would be no option for refunds.
Have a lovely day.
Regards,
Andy, Computer Consultant