Bought a Yoga 3 early this month, upgraded yesterday to Windows

Customer Question
10, and now it can't...
Bought a Yoga 3 early this month, upgraded yesterday to Windows 10, and now it can't see any wifi. What do I do? I first upgraded an older HP laptop, and that worked well. Seems like a clear system issue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
7/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Are you able to connect this via Ethernet?
Thanks
Will try - hang on. And why? Do you have a solution?
I will connect to your system and then troubleshoot it if gets connected via Ethernet. Otherwise; i'll instruct here.
OK, yeah, you'd better instruct from here - I'm not about providing you a remote connection.
I am fine with that. Is it now connected?
Connected to what?
To Ethernet
No, I'm not connected to Ethernet. I do not want to provide a remote connection. Please tell me if you have a solution - this problem is well documented in the support forums over the last 24 hours or so. Do you know what's wrong?
The issue is most probably with the driver. I am not connecting remotely, but if you connect by Ethernet; i will be able to assist with the links to download the drivers. However, i have no issues with that if you don't want to connect to Ethernet; you will then need to download the drivers onto another computer and copy it to this one via USB.
Please tell me the full model number of Yoga 3, this should be something like "Yoga 3 Pro-1370"
This is a work system. Quick functionality is essential.The bottom of the unit says "Lenovo Yoga 3.14"
I don't see how I'd connect this thing directly to Ethernet. Can you explain?
Hold Windows Key and Press R
Type hdwwiz.cpl
Click Network Adapters
And type me the names of the adapters listed there, and if any is listed with a yellow exclamation mark, indicate here.
Broadcom 802.11ac BCM4352 Network Adapter
Any yellow exclamation marks on it?
No yellow exclamation marks are visible.
Is there a network icon in the system tray besides the sound icon?
yes. When I hover over it, it says, "Not connected. No connections are available"
Is there a wifi switch on the left/right of the yoga 3?
Are you still there? Or just done? I'm obviously not satisfied yet - you cannot charge my credit card.And now you ask whether there's a wifi switch - do you know this laptop system or not?
Typing now to see if you will get back to me more promptly with multiple replies. Please type back soon.
Yes, i am still here. You will be refunded if the issue is not resolved.
IT issues needs troubleshooting; since i do not have the exact model, i cannot look up the manual. If you can send me the model; i'll be able to tell you about the switch, wifi card seems to be properly installed.
Please see the link below:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/find-product-name
and provide me the exact model #
The bottom of the unit (still) says "Lenovo Yoga 3.14"
Above that designation, I see "Model Name (chinese characters...) 80JH"
Let me check. Wait please.
Actually, there is not a period between the 3 and the 14.
So It's "Lenovo Yoga 3 14"
There is also another string that might be useful: "MO: PF9XB5520003"
On the F keys, do you see any key with the airplane?
It appears to be the F7 key
Yes, that's what my F7 key looks like. And I'm not in airplane mode.
Please hold the windows key and press R
Type hdwwiz.cpl
Click Network Adapters
Right click the "Broadcom 802.11ac BCM4352 Network Adapter"
Select Uninstall; then reboot the computer.
Let me know when done.
Couldn't hurt, since that adapter is clearly not getting it done. But please, why would uninstalling that adapter actually help?
It may be a glitch, if airplane is not enabled, adapter is installed, then most of the times, reinstalling the adapter fixes it.
And it gets re-installed just by uninstalling it and rebooting?
Yes, if not then we can download and reinstall via USB
So the driver reinstalled, and the problem remains.
I mean, I did as you said: uninstalled the driver, restarted, and found the driver had been reinstalled and that the problem remained.
Is there any other device connected to the wireless router?
Sure. This system I'm using right now for instance. Plus my Samsung phone, and a couple of iPads.
Are you running Avast?
no
Then it appears to me that this is an issue with the chipset. BUT i will opt out to see if other experts have a different opinion.
Thanks for trying. I have to move on some other way. If someone in your org comes up with something, you or they can email me. For now. I'll call this "unresolved" and proceed toward another approach.
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. From what I've been able to determine the Yoga 3 and Yoga 3 Pro both use the Broadcom 4352 wireless card.
On the Lenovo site they don't have a Windows 10 driver available for the Yoga 3 but they do for the Yoga 3 Pro. It looks like the driver was released on 7/20. Maybe Lenovo just hasn't updated their site yet.
Go here:
http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-lenovo
On this page set
Component = Networking:Wireless LAN
Operating System = Windows 10(64-bit) there is no 32 bit option
-
Give that driver a try.
Go here:
On this page set
Component = Networking:Wireless LAN
-
Give that driver a try.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/9844x-bought-yoga-early-month-upgraded-yesterday-windows.html#ixzz3hWFxq9iQ
Byron
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist