I typed my product key found on side of my PC and I get "not

Customer Question
a valid office product key"...
I typed my product key found on side of my PC and I get "not a valid office product key"
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
7/24/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know that the product key that you are entering from the label on side of pc has windows 7 product key mentioned on it
W8TW7-PKR8G-Y7H6V-8YBEM-RDBKM
24 July 2015 07:01W8TW7-PKR8G-Y7H6V-8YB3M-RDBKM
the label on which the you found this key..does it mention microsoft windows 7 on it..or does it says microsoft office on it
Windows 7 Home Prem OA
the key that you entered is the product key for the operating system windows 7its not the product key for ms office software
have you installed msoffice from a disc or downloaded it
it was installed at the store.
is this a new computer and is this the first time you are trying to use msoffice
purchased Feb 2011, I've been able to open msoffice before.
ok and when did you start getting this error
Last week. Tried to open a word document, and I tried to open a spreadsheet yesterday.
let me know the version of msoffice installed
where do I find that?
click start..all programs ..in the list of programs you will see msoffice..let me know what does it say like..word 2003, 2007, 2010 etc
Microsoft excel 2010, Microsoft word 2010
does the ms office version say anything like office home and student, office home and business, office proffessional
Microsoft Excel Starter 2010, Microsoft Word Starter 2010
ok..give me a moment
the starter version does not require a product key..by any chance did you upgrade the office version
I might have, but I don't remember
in case you upgraded, you must have paid for the upgrade and would have received either the product key on email or physically ...do you recall making an online payment for office upgradeif not, i can give you the steps to restoring the pc a week back to check
I don't recall making a payment. If I did, it would be long before last week. I don't recall receiving an email. I've checked my email folder.
ok lets try a system restore in that case...please note that during restore the computer will restart...you can open this page from just answer email by clicking on view answer the system restore should reverse any changes to the system that might have caused the issue to occour. click start...in the search box type system restorein the window that appears, restore computer to earlier date and time and click nextselect a date may be a week or 2 back when system was running fine and click nextfollow the onscreen steps once the restore completes, try opening word or excel and let me know the status
Will this recovery cause me to lose any emails that I've received or any online information?
no....this will not affect your online data
ok. be back in a while.
if you have downloaded, any software or files you will have to redownload
Andy, Computer Consultant