Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Power does not come on when power button is pressed

Customer Question

power does not come on when power button is pressed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model is this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hp19-2113w all-in-one
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Does it show any sign of power at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
logo is orange and does not turn to white full power
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What does the screen do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no change in screen because full power is not on
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
The screen stays completely black nothing happens at all on it? Do the fans start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Please unplug all cables from it including the power. Hold down any button with all cabled removed for 30 seconds. Then plug in only the power cable and test it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no results
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. That model of HP desktop has an external power supply. Theres no internal power supply like most desktop computers. This is done to reduce the heat signature inside the machine, and also to make the power supply easier to replace. Since its showing zero signs of power, its clear you need to replace the power supply as it has failed. This link contains a discount power supply you can order to fix the problem http://amzn.to/1RXNdvk If you have any further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.