Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Cannot open Surface RT! When I push the "On" button, then

Customer Question

Cannot open Surface RT! When I push the "On" button, then screen opens in all Black with the word "Surface" in the center in then jumps to screen 2 and there appears a White Circle (Large) with an outline of a battery with one vertical line then closes very quickly.
I had left this tablet on charge for a few weeks and now when I insert the charger the little lite DOES NOT come on.
PLEASE HELP....................
Respectfully,
Richard Hyer, Jr. ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the surface and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the surface Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not correct the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now we just did this, leave it on the charger for 10 minutes, then repeat my last instructions Results
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have Richard call me, when he is able to do so!!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your payment for it is failing here, so we continue here, as it gives errorBut I want you to now we just did this, leave it on the charger for 10 minutes, then repeat my last instructions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have given you info on 3 of my best credit cards and you tell me that they're not be accepted??? It sounds like you have some issues on your end!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I cannot see this here, but its not needed, just do my last instructions please, what is it you need to discuss on the phone about that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same results as before!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** attempt the fillowing Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds.Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, then release both.The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I received the same results.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will then try to flash the surface via the USB stickTo do this, first download the image for your device from my link belowhttps://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-au/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/downloadablerecoveryimageThe copy this to the root of a USB Memory stickMake sure that your Surface is turned off and plugged in.Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button on your Surface.When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.Tap or click Troubleshoot, and tap or click Reset your PC.If prompted for a recovery key, tap or click Skip this drive at the bottom of the screen.Tap or click the target operating system you want to reset. This refers to the current operating system you have installed on Surface.Tap or click Yes, repartition the drives. On the next page, tap or clickNext.Choose Fully clean the drive.Tap or click Reset.Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears while the reset process continues (this can take several minutes).Then tell me if it now starts please