Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I have replaced my previous kindle e-reader and cannot register

Customer Question

I have replaced my previous kindle e-reader and cannot register my new e-reader. The registration is prevented by comments like, "you already have a registration". I have changed the password ***** that does not help. I think I need to clear the screen on the Kindle and start fresh but I have tried this and nothing happens when I press "Create Account". Obviously I have to put the password ***** the new Kindle to unload the book I have purchased. I don't know how to do this.
Truman Layton, ***@******.***, (###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Truman. The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Note: If you purchased this kindle from amazon directly (and not at a local store, like best buy for example), under your existing account, then it came preregistered, and all you have to do is get it onto your home wifi network. Your purchases should sync automatically at that point and no further registration process is needed.If you've gone and changed your password ***** then you'll have to update that on the new kindle, which may require going into the settings menu and deregistering then reregistering it with the latest password. Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get a new Kindle on line so that I can download books electronically? This is my 3rd Kindle and registering it is confused by my previous registration.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Did you do the reset step I mentioned?Have you configured the kindle to your home wifi yet?