Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I bought my Asus computer about 9 months ago d to this date

Customer Question

I bought my Asus computer about 9 months ago d to this date I cannot get any sound! so I really need your help? I have gone to the sound window and still no sound. I cannot lay y music or hear any videos.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today I'm sorry about the issue, what is the model/brand of your computer please? also please Click Start Type devmgmt.msc in the Search bar and press Enter, It will open Device Manager, Expand Sound, Video and let me know the name of devices listed under it. also tell me if you see any device with an yellow ! or ? mark next to it in Device Manager window Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the sound and video are Realtek high definition & AMD high definition. The model is ASUS and I run window 8.There is no yellow ! or ? on there. I did click on the top of the screen where it showed icon of computer screen for the sound and volume and it said it was not installed. I assumed all computers came with a build in speakers???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to mention that even when I turn on my computer, even then I don't have any sound.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
do you have a laptop or a desktop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is a desktop.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
does your computer have external or internal speaker ?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry but i can't call you now, but i will do my best to fix this issue regards
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
It looks like you are away. When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how would I find out? I just check my monitor and it looks like it does.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Ok good, if your monitor have speakers, you will need the "jack to jack audio cable" to connect your monitor to your sound card.
for details please see this image : http://tinyurl.com/peey3au
let me know if you need furter help
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is a sound card?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
The sound card is a audio ports or audio jacks on the back of your computer, for details please see this image : http://cdn.computerhope.com/back-of-sound-card.jpg
To connect your internal speakers to your computer please open this image : http://postimg.org/image/bx370fhnh/
You can buy the audio cable from amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B003OSPZS2
Hope this help
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
If you need any further help, please let me know and i will gladly continue to help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a flat screen monitor model: LG FLATRON Model No. E2242TA it's a 2012. I don't see a where you can plug in a audio cable to from the computer?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure that the monitor have internal speakers, I did a quick search on Google, and I see no internal speakers on it.
Do you have any external speakers or headphones to test the sound ?
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I don't... Maybe your right, I just saw so many ridges on back of the monitor and thought that's where the sound comes through. so, what do I need to do?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Please try to Connect a headphones to your sound card (to your computer) and try to play a music track to test the sound.
let me know the results
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay I connected some computer speakers to back of computer and the monitor shows the music playing but still no sound. By the way thank you for educating me on what a sound card is:) So do you think I bought a lemon?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, No, not at all, Please Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the sound for you?
Also can you make sure that you plug the speakers in the right port, please test all the ports on your sound card (the pink and the green port, ect..) and make sure that the volume it's not muted.
Note : Please do not Rate my answer until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above.
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?