Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Black screen on Toshiba TP6lH95, I contacted you earlier and

Customer Question

black screen on Toshiba TP6lH95, I contacted you earlier and put in my credit card
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue.1) Make sure the laptop is booting up when you turn it on. Do any lights come on?2) If the laptop is not booting up, remove the battery, plug in the power cord with the battery out and see if it will boot up. This is more than likely a battery problem and on some laptops you can bypass this by removing the battery and using the power cord.3) If the computer is booting up but you are only getting a black screen, plug the laptop up to an external computer monitor. This will help troubleshoot if it is your laptop's LCD that has gone bad.4) If the screen is not the problem, the issue is the hard drive itself. Unfortunately there is no fix for a hard drive issue. You would have to take it to a shop like Geek Squad where they could retrieved the data off of the hard drive and copy it to a new hard drive for you.