Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

None of my devices can connect to server. wi-fi works

Customer Question

none of my devices can connect to server. wi-fi works for everything else. keep getting the message" cannot connect to server".
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
what all devices you want to get connected to the wireless router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cannot connect to yahoo mail server
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
are you using the same computer to chat with me which has a problem connecting to yahoo. Is it the yahoo email you are unable to login to or something else please tell me the problem a bit more in detail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm using my ipad to talk to you now. when i go to the mail app on my mac lap top, my ipad and my iphone the message " unable to connect to server" keeps coming up. i use yahoo mail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting for a response. my contact is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
my apology for the delay.
Follow these steps.
Unplug the power from the wireless router and let it sit for 5 mins reconnect the power adapted and power it back on and wait for 2 mins to let the router boot up, now try connecting all your devices and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the router works fine. i can connect to the internet and use my browser. just wont connect me to the yahoo mail server. when i try to log in at the yahoo website, it wont accept my username or password ***** has not changed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
So the problem is not the internet connection its your yahoo email which you have a problem loggin in to.
What have you tried from your side to recover the yahoo password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have tried to contact yahoo but they keep asking for my username and password ***** they wont accept. is there a phone contact for yahoo.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Open the link below and follow the steps it will ask you security question carefully enter them and you will be able to get your password *****
http://tinyurl.com/pqt6mu4