Picasa error: CBlockFile::Restore err=2, facetemplatesV2_i…

Picasa error: CBlockFile::Restore err=2, facetemplatesV2_index.db...
Picasa error: CBlockFile::Restore err=2, facetemplatesV2_index.db
7/12/2015
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
The error message indicates that your Picasa database is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt. It's easy and should fix your problem.
First, uninstall Picasa.
Click on the Start menu on your computer taskbar.
Select All Programs.
Select Picasa 3.
Select Uninstall.
In the confirmation window that opens, click the Uninstall button.
Click the Yes button to remove your database.
Once you've successfully uninstalled, you can download and reinstall Picasa by visiting http://www.picasa.google.com.
Once you select the areas you'd like Picasa to scan, it will scan your photos to recreate your database.
Note: reboot the computer after uninstalling picasa.
Let me know if you need renote assistance i can remotely fix it for you.
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Picasa/Google states NOT to delete the data base if you are reinstalling Picasa. Are you telling me NOT to follow Google's instructions?
Please do send a text when you answer the above. (###) ###-####
are your photos backed up on your pc
Yes.
Ok. I am following your suggestion. I will let you know the result, and I will give you a rating when I get Picasa to work. It used to work. I need it to work today. If it does not, I will need to travel to another computer that is working, and I will not be happy.
I am hopeful, but not yet happy. </:-)
Please remember rating is only required when we are finished fixing the problem.
please let me know how it goes after you try.
Thank you.
Ok!! I did delete the database, installed Picasa, and it did work eventually after the rebuild process. Thank you. !! Now how do I get to that elusive rating screen?
Michelle, I need to use PayPal for your tip. Can you tell me how? ***@******.***
please let me know the tip amount you would like to pay on this page
i will ask our team to help you with the same
thanks for using our service
$10.
Thank you for using our service let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.
Michelle, I hate to be a pain, but I have a credit balance at PayPal that I am trying to use. Your team keeps trying to get me to update my old credit card info so they can bill the card. I want to get the money (10$) from PayPal. I will exit this page, and I will see if I can motivate PayPal to send my tip of $10 to Just Answer if you agree.
please call customer care and you may mention them you want to pay a tip for Michelle they will help you for the same and i thank you again for the same.
have a good day.
Call Customer Support
Need help? Call our Toll-Free Customer Service
US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST
International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****
Michelle, I regret to say it, but Just Answer has not been able to support me in this quest to give you a $10 tip. Their web designers have not finished integrating the PayPal alternative into their WEB design for payments. The billing expert, James, suggested that I simply treat this objective as another question to you, pay $10, give you a rating, and get on with my life. It did not work -- my question was assigned to another computer expert. I tried with PayPal, but they need a mobile number to send a payment, and your Customer Support number(###) ###-#### ***** ***** a mobile number that they can recognize. James had another alternative that would have involved a 24-48 hour wait time. When you get Just Answer to figure this out, let me know, and I will send the $10. If you want me to send a $10 bill by snail mail, I will even do that if you give me an address. Or give me a mobile number, and I will have PayPal send the payment. Thanks for your help with Google/Picasa. I do appreciate it. Regards,***@******.***.