Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I'm having the same problem as someone you helped who

Customer Question

Hello, I'm having the same problem as someone you helped who said "My IE has been corrupted. How do I download a new version? I tried clicking on your link "support.microsoft.com/kb/950505" but it said the page didn't exist...?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. First, try resetting internet explorer. Go to the link below, download and run the Fix it tool. go to the link, click Run now, download and install the tool.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/ie_performance_and_safety If you can, download and install Google Chrome. Which is better than Internet explorer.http://www.google.com/chrome/ If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I have already downloded the microsoft fix it and it didn't make any difference. And the link you have sent me says I have to download onto a different computer, which I don't have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm happy to try and sort it out by typing over the internet, I just pressed the big blue button out of interest... ooops!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I just download the link onto the computer I am using instead of a different computer?
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Follow the instructions on the computer you are experiencing issues with. 1. On your computer, click Start button and select Run. 2. Type in inetcpl.cpl and press enter. 3. It will open Internet options. 4. In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab. 5. Tap or click Reset. 6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset. 7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. 8. Exit and then start Internet Explorer. Let me know if the issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shefin, I typed run then inetcpl.cpl and pressed enter, but it just threw up a pop up box "view and track your downloads" rundl32.exe do you want to run or save" just like the other 16 boxes I have that have opened themselves everytime I have tried to do anything, and they are now currently miniaturised at the bottom of my page...?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, I previously pressed the tools button and then advanced and then reset this afternoon and nothing helped.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please Click Start button, select All programs, Accessories and then select Run. It will open the Run window. In Run window, type in inetcpl.cpl and press enter. Thank you.S H E F I N
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you already tried that? And you are not able to access internet on that computer. RIght?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just tried your accessories button and run and inetcpl.cpl and again it flashed up in a pop up like before. As for accessing the internet, I am currently on the computer that has the problem.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can you download Chrome or Firefox to this computer (good computer), move it to a USB flash drive, and install it on the faulty computer? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All my icons on my desk top have sort of disappeared and been replaced by little white squares with littles blue "e" and dark blue arrows.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, You have trued restore. RIght? Are you anyway to access any webpage on that computer? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This the faulty computer. I don't have a good computer, but this computer has allowed me to access the internet because I right clicked the E icon after pressing the start button. Yes I can access the internet on this (bad) computer, and my email, but that is all. Anything else I try to do, such as "system restore" it just flashes up a pop up box with "view and track downloads" etc and won't let me access anything else.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perhaps it isn't internet explorer that needs fixing, but I also spent 4 hours doing a microsoft security essentials scan, and found nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can access it remotely. What do I have to do...?
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6c795a69-b2a3-4c3a-aa03-fb5d9499a31a Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shefin, I just agreed and then clicked the 'run' link on the download and it immediately flashed up a pop up box with the same old "view and track downloads elsinore..... run or save" This is driving me crazy...!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just tried again to download the link and again get the same "view and track downloads elsinore scree.... run or save" If it press run in the pop up box it just flashes again and pops back up!!!!!!
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Click Start button , click Default Programs, and then clicki Set program access and computer defaults. If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation. Let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shefin, done that, and it flashed up a pop up box with "view downloads... Computer def... run and save"
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you done Set program access and computer defaults? It will not download anything. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked start, then compute defaults, then sef programme access and computer defaults and it flashes with the pop up box and won't let me proceed any further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The flash pop up box says "View and Track Downloads ComputerDef.. exe run save" I can't do anything with it.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please restart the computer and as soon as it restarts, repeatedly press F8 key till you get Advanced Boot Options. From the Boot options, select Safe mode with networking from the list. Then, check if you are able to run any programs over there. Check the Elsinore program too. If that does not work, restore the computer properly to an earlier date. Let me know the result. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try starting in safe mode, but it wouldn't let me system restore to an earlier date when I tried it before....
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, You can do it in Safe mode without any issues. Please let me know the result. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now in safe mode with networking and I cannot access elsinore. It is still flashing up a pop up box saying "view and track downloads elsinore.scree.... exe run save" Nothing is making any difference.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Shall I stay in safe mode with networking or return to normal mode. There is also an option after pressing F8 when the computer says "repair your computer" I assumed this meant I had to have the right information to repair it rather than it repairing itself. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you because initially I put the computer in "safe mode" then couldn't access the wifi so had to restart it and put it in "safe mode with networking". Do you think we are any closer to resolving what is wrong with it...?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried system restore in safe mode and the box flashes up "view and download... rstrui.exe run save" so that doesn't work either...
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you tried using the option Repair your computer? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I'll have a go now. If I don't get back to you it means it has failed miserably and I can't access anything!!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This did not work neither!!! I have now noticed that you are off line. Can I have my £26 refunded please because my problem hasn't been resolved. I paid with paypal. I do not want the option of the free trial for 1 week. Please refund my £26. Thank you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I apologize that I am out of ideas. If you want to get a refund, please contact our customer support from the link below.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help It seems that you need to reinstall Windows in order to resolve the issue. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thans Shefin,I am currently checking out the microsoft website for any ideas...I have been in touch with customer services asking them to refund any money paid by paypal.Thanks for trying.Bye.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, You are almost welcome! Thank you.S H E F I N