Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Good morning I have a External hard drive, and it was

Customer Question

Good morning I have a External hard drive, and it was damaged, I run the program EaseUS Data recovery, and I could see all the information in the HD, then I recovery but when I tried to open the word files, show me the information in blank and when tried
to open the pictures show me the error photo gallery can't open this photo or video, the file may be unsupported damaged or corrupeted, also I tried to open a picture with Microsoft picture manager and don't show anything. I appreciate your help to solve this
issue, I have 154gb of information that need to recovery. Regards, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Nelly - With what you are experiencing, it seems that the data was unable to be fully recovered, it was only able to recover the "thumbnails" of the file. You may have some success with trying run the recovery again, or with a different software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI Stevens, I understand, but you have to give me more detail, what software can run to could make the full recovery? whit your answer I don't solve my issue. and need and answers what I have to do specifically to fix that. I pay for that.Please your help.
Nelly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI, Is someone to help me?
Sorry yes I am here.
I am looking for another solution besides EaseUS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I wait for your answer
So actually all of the "software" based recovery options are going to be about the same. I would attempt running the recovery using EaseUS a few more times to see if you have any success. Otherwise if that still fails, you may have to send your hard drive to a recovery service for them to try to extract the data. They will have to actually perform some physical work on the drive to try to repair it in order to get the data extracted intact. You can request a quote and begin the process here: https://www.datarecoverycenter.com/get-instant-quote
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steven, I wil tried again but this is not the answer that I need. because If this fail, I have to pay more money to fix that and I'm not sure that you are going to recovery all the information. I' m not satisfied with this answer, and I pay $47 only for that! Really I don't expect this answer , I need a solution.
I'm very frustrade with that. Pay $47 dollar only for 5 minutes and don't solve my issue.
I'm sorry about your frustration, unfortunately sometimes with a physically damaged drive there is only so much I can do for you by answering questions. I am going to opt out of this question to allow another expert to try to help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please or give me back the money.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.
To get started, I need to ask you some very important, recovery related questions.
Let call drive F the broken drive ( for conversation purposes)
Are you recovering the broken files on drive F , to another drive or to drive F itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I did, with the software EASEUS I recovery the information and copy all this to a new one hard drive. I can see all the information, but when I tried to open, the error message that I told before show.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
To clarify. I asked.. Did you recover the data to a different drive? Or did you recover the data to the same external drive? If you re-read your answer you will see that it doesnt clarify which operation you did. Thank you~ ( and a small note from me to you. I realize how irreplaceable files can be, especially photos. Ive overseen many successful recovery attempts and I will do everything I can to help you solve this issue. Honestly though, its going to take us several days to do this. ( if it can be done ) I am willing to work with you, as long as your willing to work with me.)) Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dusting,
I explain, I have the old external hard drive called drive F: and recovery all the information and copy to the drive g: new external hard drive.Thanks and I appreciate your help with this issue. and I can keep in touch with you. maybe I can be all day with this because I need to work , but I can answer and be pending of this.
regards,Nelly
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I will be working roughly 8 more hours today. Please dont feel you have to rush to respond, thats the great thing about email support. You can respond at your earliest convenience, and so can I! when you say you copied to the G drive. Do you mean that when you ran Easeus.. Easeus was scanning the F drive. But sending the recovered files to the G drive? Also, lets ditch easeus for now. Ive never liked it.. I prefer Recuva ( its free ) http://www.piriform.com/recuva When you install recuva and start the scan. Have it scan only for pictures, and make sure you click the box for Deep scan. When you have the time to do this, and when it completes let me know. At that point I may want to connect to your computer ( with your permissions of course ) and look at the scan results directly. That way I can see what files are recovering, what files are not. And then maybe carry out a new scan with some setting changes, or try to manually repair the corrupt files. ( not always possible, but sometimes.) I will await your reply when you have time. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI Dustin
Yes I copy the information using the recovery of the EASEUS to a new external drive called G.
I will download the software recuva and I will see If I have to recovery the information.
This will take a lot of time for the quantity of information In the external HD, so tell me how can I reach you when I have the result? and sure, you can connect to my computer using teamviewer.
Let me do this and I will inform.
Please tell me how I'm going to reach you later?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Im not authorized to give you personal contact details ( to facilitate easy contact.) Nor am I allowed to connect to your computer directly, unless I send you and you accept a Additional service offer. I will send that offer to you now at the lowest price point I can. Once accepted, I will provide you with my direct email address. Since we will be working on this issue over an extended period of time. Direct contact would make things easier.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
A small note. If im unable to help you recover some or most of the pictures, as per our satisfaction guaranteed policy you will be entitled to a full or partial refund ( your choice ) D.S
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maybe I can't explain you very well.
My question is , I'm going to close this session in Internet, because need to download the software and scan it, and continue working in my work. and then need to contact you again by this same way , how can reach you? I don't need your personal email, I need give to you my result of this test.
And I can't pay more service.
Thanks
Nelly
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood. In that case. You can reach me through the same website, JustAnswer.com Just make sure you click account at the top right of the screen, then add your email address and set a password ***** you can sign back in. Once you have set an email and password. You can then come back to justanswer.com at anytime, and click login at the top right area of the screen, and then enter your email and password ***** a returning user. Then, click my questions at the top right and you should see the title of our question showing on the my questions page. Click on our question, then scroll down and reply~
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok Dustin, thanks a lot I appreciate your help.
If I don't contact you today I will do this weekend
Nelly Murillo from Honduras.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood Nelly. The only time when it will take me several hours to respond will be Saturday evening, or any day after 11 pm. Other then that, I start working by 9 am every day and work till 11 pm. Will keep an eye out for your replies, and good luck~ Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot
Have a nice weekend
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** wish the same for you as well! ( I am not intending to spam message you, but as long as I am signed into work its company policy that I reply to every message I receive. )
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Just wanted to check back with you. Its been a week since I heard from you.
I thought we were going to reconnect after the recuva scan? Howd things go?
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon Dustin
Sorry for delay to answer, this week had been very busy in my work. Look I ran the software recuva and I couldn't fix the files. So I don't know what other thing to do?
In that case what is the help that you can give me?
thanks
nelly
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
When you ran it, did you run it as I specified.
Searching just for pictures, deep scan, recovering to a different drive then you were scanning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, Dustin. But when it finished after of almos 8 hours show me a message that said that there is not any file to recovery.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I dont know if the failed easeus recovery might have muddled the files even further. But I agree with the previous expert If recuva cant even see the files. A data recovery service may be your only hope. http://www.crucialdatarecovery.com/?B
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, this mean that I have to pay more money for this service?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
We arent associated with that service. What that service is, is a place you mail the hard drive to. They physically take it apart and attempt a sector by sector recovery. If their are irreplaceable or critical files on the drive. Weve reached the limits of consumer software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Another Question. The payment that I already did with you, can I money back?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
The link below will guide you through the process http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I appreciate your time.Regards,Nelly