My Gateway laptop died recently and my office IT person removed…

Customer Question
My Gateway laptop died recently...
My Gateway laptop died recently and my office IT person removed the hard drive and gave me jump drive with data from the drive. For whatever reason I two different personal (Jackson) data files each having 'Downloads, My Documents, My Pictures etc.' One was on the path "C,Users, Jackson" the other was "Desktop, Jackson". I don't recall purposely setting up two different files but there were two and the "Desktop'Jackson" became the 'default' file and 99% of all my data (.jpg, .doc, .xls, .pdf, etc.) went to the "Desktop, Jackson" and the recovery IT person did not see it on the hard drive, is here some specialized search required to find it?
Thanks,
Jackson
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
7/3/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
There is no specialized search, you just need to know its best to always copy over all user folders as it is not always clear which one was used. Plus checking the properties of the user folder would have show one of them to be considerably larger which would have clearly pointed to that being the correct one to copy over.
If the hard drive is still available, then there is no reason why they should not be able to still copy it over for you now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you