How can I put icon's on my desktop

Customer Question
How can I put icon's on my desktop
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
7/2/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
What kind of icons is it?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
It is a Toshiba/Chrome laptap and I nothing about Chrome. I don't even think it has windows on it. It has Google installed on it. My problem is that this was bought for my Mother-in-law and she is quite old and everything needs to be right in front of her in order for her to catch on. I can set all of her games up and have them as tabs, but she can't figure it out. If I could put the games as icons on the desktop she may be able to figure it out. I am use to Windows but nothing seems to be the same with this laptop.
I'm sorry, unlike windows laptop, chromebook laptop is limited.
Can she open the app icon to use any app / game?
And here is how to put website link shortcut icon on Desktop screen:
http://m.blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-for-web-pages-using-chrome
If needed, also try the following if it let you:
1 In a new tab, open chrome://apps
2 Right-click the app you want to create a shortcut for.
3 Select Create shortcut.
4 Choose where you want to see shortcuts on your computer.
5 Click Create.
Please let me know. Thank you.