I updated to IOS 8 last evening and this morning when asked…

Customer Question
I updated to IOS 8...
I updated to IOS 8 last evening and this morning when asked for password, it would not accept my password. I contacted support and was sent link to reset password. However, when I entered new password, I received message device was disabled for 15 minutes. Can you assist with getting the ipad enabled?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you hold the home button and password ***** about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the iPad restart and when it has, try to unlock it with your original code.
If this does not work, use the new code.
Let me know the results please
It say ipad is disabled - try again in 53 minutes.
ok, then the update has corrupted the iPad, this can happen with the updates.
You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove this.
To do the reset
Connect the iPAd to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work
Let me know the results please
Thank you
I have to go to a meeting so I will have to get back to you. Does that work in this setting?
yes, but once you do the reset as per my instructions, it should then be ok.
I have marked this question to never close, so any continued issues, just let me know here, this is no problem.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
I have found out that the problem is actually a bud in the ipad system. When I logged on this morning, it was asking for a passcode, not a password. I had never set a passcode for my ipad. Fortunately, I was able to recover my files from the cloud. I do not feel that I should have to pay for any service since this is an Apple bug of which I was unaware.
But I am not Apple, we are an independent website, that supports technologies such as this.
As I got this resolved for you this would only be fair, but you as the customer are of course free to decide if you want to pay for the service you received which solved the problem for you.
Actually my son in law spent an hour with me fixing it because your fix did not work because it kept disabling.
the only way was via the instructions I gave which he would have done, possibly he already knew them, but its ok, no need to discuss, if you do not wish to rate, then thats up to you.