Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

OK, I give up. I need your help. This morning my WordPerfect 8.0 start

Customer Question

OK, I give up. I need your help. This morning my WordPerfect 8.0 started printing all of my portrait orientated files in an incorrect landscape format.
I tried everything I know and even reinstalled the WP 8.0 program
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any update or change to your computer recently that may have caused the issue?
Are you able to print anything else in portrait fine?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There has been no updates or changes that I know of.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would rather not have you remotely enter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This does not seem to be working very well. Can you just call me at(###) ###-####?
I'm sorry, I do live online support. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the steps for you. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions. This issue might require editing the registry, which can be complicated.
Besides uninstalling / reinstalling WP, did you try anything else? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I understand that it would be easier for you, however, I don't feel comfortable using this service, so I plan on stopping now and not having you try to fix the problem.
I'm sorry, you can see our service rating / profile at the website below:
If you are still uncomfortable, I can try providing written instructions you can use for fixing this issue. We guarantee our service, so don't' worry. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, provide the written instructions.
Please try this first suggestion:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
2. Type control panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
3. Type recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions to restore the computer to the date before this issue first occurred, then check.
Please let me know; I will provide another solution if it does not work. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had bad experience with System Restore in the past and do not want to use it to fix this. everything else works fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it is an update that caused this, won't it just reoccur when it updates again after restoring the system?
Sorry, system restore is a standard fix; I've used it many times previously fine. As the next solution is complicated. You would notice what kind of updates next time for troubleshooting. What happened when you used System Restore previously (or do you mean factory restore / reset, etc.)? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, Sorry, This is just not working out. I'll try some other way to fix this problem.
I'm sorry; In my experience, this a complicated issue as the WP program version 8.0 is very old, so there is compatibility issue with the latest windows 8 version. But I have fixed this issue previously, so if you still need help with this issue or with any other computer question/issue, please come back any time as you wish; we have many other computer experts here also; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, Thank you for trying. Goodbye
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
I know we can fix this without a system restore ( though usually a system restore would do the trick as long as everything was running correctly)
And also, Im willing to speak to you over the phone, I can call anywhere in the US and if its international, we may want to consider skyping to save $ on calling fees.
With that being said, would you like to try working on this issue together over the phone?
Dustin S.