I have a logitech m305 wireless mouse that I have recently…

Customer Question
Hi I have a logitech...
Hi I have a logitech m305 wireless mouse that I have recently been having issues with. I frequently have to click twice or it unchecks things when i'm trying to check items etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2015
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Computer Support Specialist
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the mouse. I will try my best to help youSir/Ma'am does this happens on web browsers only or on all applications?Have you tried new batteries ?Do you have a wired mouse to check whether its happening on it too?When did this problem started?Sincerely,JohnNote: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email. To reply back to me type in the box below and click on reply
it's a problem on all applications but it does seem more of an issue when using firefox. For instance I just clicked on a link once and it opened up 3 windows for that link. I have changed batteries but will do that again now. I'll look for a wired mouse to try. I've been experiencing this issue for about 4-6 weeks I think.
Thanks for replaying back to me.The multiple pages opened when you clicked on the link is a issue with the website,if its happening on all the links you click to open from different sites then its a issue in your PC so check that too.Please try the following tooDownload and install Logitech connection utility from this link http://tinyurl.com/pmezhak 1.Turn off the mouse then remove the usb receiver.2.Replace the batteries with new ones3.Connect the usb receiver on another usb port4.Now turn on the Mouse and connect it using the Logitech connection utility see if that fixes the issue if not try to connect a wired mouse and see if its showing the same issue and let me know.Sincerely,John
I tried to pair it numerous times but failed repeatedly despite changing the battery, changing the port more than once, removing and replacing the battery etc. The wired mouse I am using seems to work fine. Is there anything else we can try?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I apologize for the delay it was late night over here so i had to leave for sometime.This looks like a issue with the mouse.Is this mouse still under warranty?Please try to use the wireless mouse in safe mode with networking and see if their any change.To boot in safe mode please do the followingRestart the computer then press F8 repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER.Once you are safe mode with networking try using the mouse and see if there is any change and let me know.Sincerely,John
Andy, Computer Consultant